Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
You rock, Montenegro

A little late with this review BUT still totally worth writing one since it was such an... read more

Reviewed November 14, 2018
Discover44913228195
Best hikes of Montenegro tour

I did the 8 days tour with Montenegro Eco adventures and really enjoyed it. Everything was well... read more

Reviewed September 2, 2018
889anett
Antwerp, Belgium

All reviews skadar lake boat trip beautiful scenery rafting lakes dorado parks country accommodation piva montenegro nature wishes capital itinerary honey company
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I have been to many places in the world and had not heard before of Montenegro. It is an amazing place and must-see for anyone who seeks adventure, nature, authentic places - away from mass-tourism. I was amazed! The staff of Montenegro Eco Adventures is super helpful and professional and makes your holiday really personal & tailor made. Also something really good is that you feel contributing to eco-tourism rather than mass-tourism. Best place to go hiking, exploring, rafting and feeling unwind from my busy daily life!

Date of experience: March 2017
Alexandra A, Owner at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thanks Nicole for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed your holidays and hope to see you back again in Montenegro soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

This was the exact experience I was hoping for in Montenegro! Montenegro has dynamic nature all around, and this Skadar Lake (Virpazar) hiking tour from Montenegro Eco Adventures enabled me to get closer to this beautiful nature. The day before the tour, Nikola from the office worriedly asked me if I would still carry on the tour since they were expecting heavy rain the next day. And suggested that he could either change the tour date to the following day, of which would have better weather condition, or try to arrange more of other indoor activities if I couldn’t change the dates. Since it was almost the end of my stay in Montenegro, I didn’t have much choice but to carry on. The weather on the tour day was far from being fine; rained a lot from early morning. Marko, my guide, offered me some coffee and gave suggestions on what we can do until the rain gets weaker. He showed me his cute & cozy winery, and offered me to taste some of the nice homemade local drinks, including wine. Luckily the rain stopped and we started off for a hike near the Skadar lake. Every place he took me had a stunning view that is impossible to describe. It was like hiking in one of those national geographic photos’ destinations. By the way, it rained again from the middle of the hike. Despite the heavy rain, I felt very safe as Nikola checked on us from time to time whether we are doing ok. And Marko knew the terrains very well. Moreover, he did his best to show me the most awesome spots around. Although I got a bit soaked and muddy, I was very glad I did this hiking tour. I’ll surely do it again, if I visit Montenegro again next time.

Date of experience: March 2017
Alexandra A, Owner at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Hi Hyen Jean,
Thanks for your kind review! Yes Nikola and Marko are amazing, we are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you come back longer next time! :-)

Reviewed October 13, 2016

After struggling to find a UK based tour operator who could put together a tailor-made, two week holiday to Montenegro, I stumbled across MEA on the internet.
As we discussed our various holiday options over the telephone, I was immediately impressed by their friendliness, enthusiasm and knowledge. I have never before used a non-UK based company to plan and book a holiday and was initially a little apprehensive about paying the balance by Bank transfer to a foreign country. I really needn't have worried, MEA were efficient and totally professional throughout our entire holiday experience. Nikola kept in contact throughout our stay, checking that we were ok and really couldn’t have done any more for us.
Our two week holiday was based upon the mountain-lake-sea package which meant that we stayed in five different places, taking in four of the five National Parks within Montenegro. We chose not to hire a car so MEA took care of all our transfers as well as our tours and accommodation. We visited places, saw things and learnt things that we never would have been able to organise on our own. To name but a few, the two of us enjoyed hiking in the Durmitor and Lovcen National Parks with private guides, we received a blessing at Ostrog Monastery, we had an excellent, informative winery tour followed by wine tasting at a local, award winning private estate, we kayaked to Beska Island where a nun gave us a private tour of the two monasteries located there, we visited the home of a local bee keeper and enjoyed a fabulous lunch prepared by his wife, we ate wild water chestnuts on Lake Skadar and we enjoyed a private boat tour to the Blue Cave followed by a fabulous seafood lunch at the remote Dobrec Beach.
Montenegro is a stunningly beautiful country and the warmth and hospitality of the Montenegrin people is second to none. The food, whilst pretty basic, is locally sourced, mostly organic and totally delicious. MEA allowed us to see the real Montenegro, not a sanitised tourist version. The holiday was exactly what I was hoping for and I would go back in a heartbeat. Although I would love to keep this stunning little country a secret, I haven't stopped telling my friends, family and clients just how amazing it is. MEA are doing a brilliant job in keeping everything local and 'real' and they really do deserve to succeed.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank NikkifEssex
Tamara I, Manager at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear Nikki and Andy,
thank you for this amazing feedback!! And the stunning photos!! We loved them! :)
I still can't believe we acciddentaly came across each other at monastery Ostrog :)
Glad to hear these positive impressions, gives us a great motivation for the new season!
i hope to host you here once again.
Hugs from Podgorica

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

I can't recommend Montenegro Eco Adventures highly enough! From the pre-trip exchanges with Tamara, to in-country support and interaction, we were so well looked after. The company made our trip a once in a lifetime experience, and gave us memories we will cherish forever. We will definitely be back!

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank gina_jlnp
Tamara I, Manager at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Gina and Jean,
It was my pleasure taking you on this adventure. I am immensely happy you decided to see the beauties of our country and liked it that much!
Take care, girls and I hope to see you soon for some new discoveries of Montenegro.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

From the very beginning Eco Adventures allowed us to tailor make our holiday into exactly what we wanted. Tamara listened to everything we asked for and came up with a two week plan that took us from the beautiful mountains and lakes up north to the quiet and serene Lustica Peninsular, Along the way we walked and swam in clear beautiful lakes, took part in white water rafting under the Zara bridge, kayaked, and cycled Lake Skadar , visited goat and honey farms where we ate amazing organic meals, visited both the old and new capitals, learning all about fascinating their history, meet Gorvan in his beautiful family winery where you get to taste the most amazing wine. After driving around this stunning country we relaxed in the stylish Klinci village, where we could unwind and enjoy the fabulous home cooking. We even went to Film festival in the local church, with the locals.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank John W
Tamara I, Manager at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Thank you for a great feedback, John and Angela!
I am so happy you loved my country and the itinerary I've created just for you! It was a real pleasure taking you through this adventure and I hope to see you again!
Hugs from Podgorica