“Brilliant! Exceeded our expectations on all counts.”

Montenegro Eco Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are eager to escape mass tourism or discover new cultures: the hinterlands of Montenegro are the right place for you. We'll take you to the authentic villages that will move you, spectacular nature that will leave you in awe. Contact us to discover all our adventures or to let us tailor one just for you!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed October 13, 2016

After struggling to find a UK based tour operator who could put together a tailor-made, two week holiday to Montenegro, I stumbled across MEA on the internet.
As we discussed our various holiday options over the telephone, I was immediately impressed by their friendliness, enthusiasm and knowledge. I have never before used a non-UK based company to plan and book a holiday and was initially a little apprehensive about paying the balance by Bank transfer to a foreign country. I really needn't have worried, MEA were efficient and totally professional throughout our entire holiday experience. Nikola kept in contact throughout our stay, checking that we were ok and really couldn’t have done any more for us.
Our two week holiday was based upon the mountain-lake-sea package which meant that we stayed in five different places, taking in four of the five National Parks within Montenegro. We chose not to hire a car so MEA took care of all our transfers as well as our tours and accommodation. We visited places, saw things and learnt things that we never would have been able to organise on our own. To name but a few, the two of us enjoyed hiking in the Durmitor and Lovcen National Parks with private guides, we received a blessing at Ostrog Monastery, we had an excellent, informative winery tour followed by wine tasting at a local, award winning private estate, we kayaked to Beska Island where a nun gave us a private tour of the two monasteries located there, we visited the home of a local bee keeper and enjoyed a fabulous lunch prepared by his wife, we ate wild water chestnuts on Lake Skadar and we enjoyed a private boat tour to the Blue Cave followed by a fabulous seafood lunch at the remote Dobrec Beach.
Montenegro is a stunningly beautiful country and the warmth and hospitality of the Montenegrin people is second to none. The food, whilst pretty basic, is locally sourced, mostly organic and totally delicious. MEA allowed us to see the real Montenegro, not a sanitised tourist version. The holiday was exactly what I was hoping for and I would go back in a heartbeat. Although I would love to keep this stunning little country a secret, I haven't stopped telling my friends, family and clients just how amazing it is. MEA are doing a brilliant job in keeping everything local and 'real' and they really do deserve to succeed.

1  Thank NikkifEssex
Tamara I, Manager at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear Nikki and Andy,
thank you for this amazing feedback!! And the stunning photos!! We loved them! :)
I still can't believe we acciddentaly came across each other at monastery Ostrog :)
Glad to hear these positive impressions, gives us a great motivation for the new season!
i hope to host you here once again.

All reviews
"scenery"
"company"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

I can't recommend Montenegro Eco Adventures highly enough! From the pre-trip exchanges with Tamara, to in-country support and interaction, we were so well looked after. The company made our trip a once in a lifetime experience, and gave us memories we will cherish forever. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank gina_jlnp
Tamara I, Manager at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Dear Gina and Jean,
It was my pleasure taking you on this adventure. I am immensely happy you decided to see the beauties of our country and liked it that much!
Take care, girls and I hope to see you soon for some new discoveries of Montenegro.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

From the very beginning Eco Adventures allowed us to tailor make our holiday into exactly what we wanted. Tamara listened to everything we asked for and came up with a two week plan that took us from the beautiful mountains and lakes up north to the quiet and serene Lustica Peninsular, Along the way we walked and swam in clear beautiful lakes, took part in white water rafting under the Zara bridge, kayaked, and cycled Lake Skadar , visited goat and honey farms where we ate amazing organic meals, visited both the old and new capitals, learning all about fascinating their history, meet Gorvan in his beautiful family winery where you get to taste the most amazing wine. After driving around this stunning country we relaxed in the stylish Klinci village, where we could unwind and enjoy the fabulous home cooking. We even went to Film festival in the local church, with the locals.

1  Thank John W
Tamara I, Manager at Montenegro Eco Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Thank you for a great feedback, John and Angela!
I am so happy you loved my country and the itinerary I've created just for you! It was a real pleasure taking you through this adventure and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Eco Adventures selected four lovely and unique places; in every place we spend 3 days. In the mountains, parks, in the delta and in the bay of Kotor.

1  Thank Brian B

Thank you, Brian and Guusje for your feedback.
It was our pleasure taking you on this adventure. We are so happy you loved Montenegro.
Hope to see you again!