The hotel is nicely situated in the proximity of the university in the newly built, modern area of Podgorica. It has a larger partner hotel with the similar name across the street, which of I know nothing about.
We were a group of 20 people and impressions are matching regarding most points. The rooms are very nice and spacious - the size of small apartments - and include a kitchenette and a large bathroom. Very clean and well maintained. Beds are comfortable and if you are not facing the busy street you will probably have a good night rest. Breakfast is basic, but will be enough for most people. Internet free of charge and working very well. For the rest, I think the photos attached will give more praises than words.
So why only 4/5 rating. Well..., there were some issues which spoiled the otherwise very positive impression. And almost all of them have to do with service/personnel. When I arrived the elevator was stuck and I had to wait 25 min for the receptionist to unblock it. It appears to be a regular problem. With my knee problem I had my patience tested each time. On the day of my check in the mini bar was half empty so I had to call room service to complain not to be charged for the missing items. A guy came in about 15 min to make a note and I had no problem afterwards. Also no bottle opener was available. I was welcomed with a bathrobe but no slippers. Others had them in their room. The hotel staff apologized but nothing more. Each day the cleaning lady had taken away dirty towels but never replaced them with clean once. The complaints were in vain again. Luckily my stay was very short so I had enough "spare" towels from the first day. I also got an impression that some parts of the room have never been cleaned (dust on the lamps and windows). Shame for such a great room. Since nobody else from our group seemed to have experienced these problems, I hope this was an isolated case, but I couldn't help feeling like a second rate guest.
Other minor problems include:
- the door stopper in the bathroom is in the middle of the way. It is very very unlikely that you will avoid stepping on it. Quite a painful experience and especially hazardous during the morning shaving.
- the bath tub is way to high and climbing in and out of it is not for elderly folks or kids
- toilet seat is positioned unusually high, so I could let my leg strangely hang in the air
- there was no individual temperature regulation. It seemed they only had the central air conditioning. The temperature was quite pleasant but the humming mixed with the outside traffic noise and caused sleeping problems to one of my colleagues. I was personally too tired to notice it.
- finally, the price we payed was discounted (like 30% of the regular price) and still it seemed way too expensive to me.
All in all a positive experience, but I strongly advise the hotel management to push the personnel a bit harder.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Apart Hotel Premier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.