“Worth every penny”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Max Prestige
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Budva
Reviewed September 25, 2013

When we arrived we were greated by a very friendly bloke who after the neccesary formalities took our lugge=age to the room while I introduced myself to their beer.Its ok but not real ale.The hotel is about 4-5 min walk from the sea, past a number of plesent bars and restaurents.The food (we had half board )was very good,different but ver,do not eat with your eyes was what my mum said ,she was spot on.. All meals were good.The first meal was Beef with cabbage,did not
look to clever but tasted excellent..Don't eat with your eyes ,use your mouth ,was what my mum used to say.All meals consisted of a soup starter ,all tasty but different,a main,all full of flavour and a small sweet we had ice cream and or pancakes most nights.Service was first class.
Our room 304 was large with a very roomy ballacony,plenty of storage,and a comfortable bed,alough the pillows were a bit large for the wife.The pool was clean but a bit cool,most of the time we spent on the various beaches ,a bit stoney some ,but for 8 euros a pair of beach shoes solved the problem,and will be with us in future.The old town 20 mins walk along the prom is worth a visit with some good views from the town walls,.loads of little shops(bit dear) and good restaurents and cafes..

Room Tip: 304 excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Terry G

Reviewed July 23, 2013

A small friendly hotel, with delightful staff, a lovely pool and sun terrace, where towels were put out on the sunbeds and replaced after use. It's a brisk 10 minute walk to the sea front and a further 10 mins to the Old Town. Our room was clean and well-equipped, the main drawback being that our balcony was immediately above the hotel's noisy air conditioning unit, and immediately overlooked by the apartment in close proximity opposite, meaning that to keep out the noise and keep our privacy we had to keep the window and shutter closed all the time. Also we had to ask for a plug for the basin, and our only bedding (apart from the bottom sheet and pillows) were 2 single duvet covers! And they don't like you using the mini-bar for your own drinks.

But the food was totally unacceptable. At breakfast the hot food was cold and congealed, and the cold food was not chilled. As it is a small hotel, it is understandable to have to chose your evening meal the night or morning before, but then you would expect some effort to be put into the food when they are preparing so few dishes, but none was. We had the same soup at least 4 times, regardless of what we had chosen or was on the menu, and the very worst meal was soup, sliced green pepper, a plate of potatoes with a tiny bit of meat (supposedly moussaka) and an apple! The main courses improved slightly towards the end of the week and there was occasionally a choice of something other than fruit or ice cream for dessert. But even then the food does not deserve any stars, let alone 4. It was the worst hotel food we have had for over 30 years, when we could only afford a cheap and nasty hotel! The redeeming factor was that we ate outside on the terrace, and the wine was cheap!

Room Tip: Hotels at the front of the hotel are probably smaller, but quieter. If you're given Room 106, a...
4  Thank Dlynnec
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The previous two reviews I can totally agree with as we had the same experience. When we arrived and checked in we were given our room key and left to our own devices no help with luggage although some man appeared went to lift the cases and then put them back down and disappeared. We also were given a menu to pick out dinner for that evening. Which was badly typed on a4 paper with very limited choices. When we got to our room we discovered it had no balcony just a window overlooking the very busy street apparently this is what is classed as a good view NOT. When we asked in reception could we have a balcony room they said we did not request one and the hotel was fully booked. I am a world wide traveller and have never had to book a balcony in my life. The food in the hotel was so bad you just could not have eaten what was served truly it was inedible, we had to eat out as the couple of times we did eat there we ended up with really bad stomach pains, so we had paid quite a bit for half board and were out more expense with eating out. which we had not budgeted for most definitely not a 4star hotel

Room Tip: if you choose this hotel request a balcony
2  Thank gregg m
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The review written by the traveller from Glasgow in June 2013 could have been written by ourselves! We just returned last night after one weeks stay at this hotel and I can honestly say it is the worst hotel ever. We stayed half board and belive me it wasnt cheap so we hadn't budgeted for buying meals out but we had to to survive. Breakfast a disgrace - food that was meant to be warm was cold and on the opposite end of the scale food that is meant to be kept cold for safety reasons was luke warm in the non refridgerated conditions! The limted choice in evening meals resembled either baby food or vomit! and when you just couldnt face another mouthful you were asked by, I presume the same waiter as in the other review, did we not like? so it got to be be it made us very on edge. The hotel appeared to be cleanish but yes did stink of smoke! The staff were friendly enough but then thats what they are paid for and I expect they put in a bit further effort for tips but im afraid tips did not come readily to us for handing out. Also we didnt have air conditioning for 2 days and it wasnt in lack of effort in complaining to the staff - we were told that the general air conditioning wasnt working but they were working on it! For the money we spent on this holiday we could have been maybe somewhere else in a far superior hotel. As soon as I get my case unpacked I shall be making my complaint to Thomas Cook!!

2  Thank Edie c
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We recently stayed in Hotel Max Prestige Budva. Firstly on arrival the hotel looked ok and the staff very friendly. We were handed a very poorly typed/spelt menu for to chooes our evening meal. Every night it was a choice of 2 soups and 3 main courses. Well the food was terrible, so bad on 2 occasions we just coud not eat it. We were not alone on this. There was only one other couple staying in the hotel and they one night asked if they could chande their dessert to ice cream, to be told NO. There were no fresh vegetables or fruit on offer, It was apparent they used tinned vegetables.
The times I could not eat the food, the waiter asked if I did not like it and did not offer any replacement. We were also advised that we could NOT take any food into the hotel or use the fridge in our room. If we did the food would be removed!
I asked one morning if I could have a banana as we had had no fruit offered, again it was refused.
After 5 days some other guests arrived and the hotel changed the breakfest to a buffet and we were then told we could no longer have an omelette. They served cold fried eggs and a selection of cheap cooked meats and a little cheese, none of which were kept cool. Milk,yogurt, juice etc were all sitting out in the warm dining room.
We had been getting fresh coffee from the machine but when the buffet started that too changed to instant coffeee which you had to make yourself by boiling a kettle they put out. When we asked for our usual coffee we had to pay for it. We were shocked at this as it was totally outrageos considering this was supposed to be a 4* hotel.
We were in a "superior room" which turned out to be NO differnet to the regular room. Our room stank of smoke as staff were smoking on duty and the smoke drifted up the stairwell,We had to use a blanket to block the bottom of our room door, which helped a lot. We had cigarette burns in our carpet and the matress of the bed.
The hotel is on a very busy,noisy road in a residential area and is about a 25 minute walk to the town and beach.
The hotel has a nice pool but we witnessed the pool towels are re-folded between use,therefore you are given someones used towel !!!!!!! YUK
We tried to contact the Balkan rep,but she did not answer our calls.
We ave complained to Thomas Cook and are awaiting the outcome.
Budva is a nice old town to visit for a day but the beach was dirty,covered in litter and cigarette ends. Go for a day trip but please don't waste your money here. And please do not waste money on Max Prestige.The locals are very unfriendly, we did not feel threatened here but you had to move off the pavements to let them get passed, very rude people.

Go to Kotor, it is beautiful and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank howwood
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed here couple of times and each time we had great time. The staff and manager are simply great and ready to help you as they can. The poll are is nice and we enjoyed it. Breakfast is ordinary but it is ok. There is a free parking and downtown is not that far.
We experienced three room types but all of them were either great or very good (difference in size and view). Anyway, place to return and recommend.

Room Tip: Poll view anyway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Voyagepreneur
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here for a week in July before heading to Croatia for our second week. I have to say I was very impressed with this hotel. At first we were given a room that was very big but we didn't like the balcony as it was facing 2 huge industrial sized machines that were giving off a lot of heat and were quite noisy so we asked if we could be moved and the lovely Suzanna couldn't be more helpful. We had to stay one night in the room but then we were shown a different room on the other side of the hotel that was smaller, but had a much better view so we moved! The hotel is very small but thats the beauty of it. The pool area was clean and towels were on the beds when needed. The breakfast was continental and of good standard and if you fancied an meal at the hotel the food was very good. The rooms are clean, a little dark with the furniture so that would be one thing I would suggest lighten up the furniture would then make the rooms look bigger and brighter. Finally the staff are all fabulous especially Suzanna who could not be more helpful if she tried! Anything you needed or wanted she would go out her way to help you. The night of the Olympic Opening Ceremony we asked if it could be put on the TV in reception and she managed to get it on for us and we watched it along with another English family. We forgot to take a travel plug and she gave us one. Honestly lovely girl and very helpful.
Budva is not really our cup of tea very much as people have said Blackpool mixed with Benidorm but we loved the old town so we went there most nights (30 min walk) but we did plenty of trips to see the gems of Montenegro and I would highly reccomend seeing Kotor, stunning place!
Honestly you will not be disappointed with this hotel, give it a try!

Suzanna if you read this I managed to lose your email address! I wanted to ask I lost a white top when we transfered from the hotel to Croatia I didn't have it when I arrived it in Croatia I wondered did I leave it in the room?! It's really bugging me what happened to it! Our rep was suppose to contact you but never heard anything! I also wanted to say thank you for everything you are just fabulous! Thanks for making Montenegro even better!

Room Tip: Just see if you can have rooms that are infront of reception and avoid those behind if you like a ni...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple