“Great place in a nice town.”
Review of Montenegro Hostel

and 1 more site!
Montenegro Hostel
Ranked #7 of 297 Specialty Lodging in Budva
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The staff, especially Sasha, at Montenegro Hostel were brilliant. So friendly and inviting. Organised a transfer to Tirana for us and were not annoyed even though we arrived a little late! The rooms are fine, it is next to a bar which I would imagine is not ideal if you want an early nights sleep. Good value for money and a cool place all in all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed in "Montenegro Hostel" in Budva, Old Town, couple weeks ago. It's very easy to find hostel, not to far from main bus station. I arrived at 11 am and the staff ( Bidzi and Sasha ) waited me with big smile. They recommended me really nice restaurants with domestic food and few bars where I can relax. I booked 8 bed dorm, which was very clean and well equipped with nice kitchen, air conditioners and wi-fi. And also, there is a common room in hostel, where one of the staff ( Sasha ) , gather all guests so that everybody can have fun.One more thing, which is very good is that they organise tours around Montenegro,I took a Big Montenegro tour, and I saw beautiful places. I have enjoy my 2 days in Montenegro Hostel, and I'll be back for sure. I recommend this hostel to everyone.

Room Tip: Every room is the same, just different color. And yeah, there is no swimming pool and fitness center...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I found that hostel very nice, for its atmosphere, for its staff (Sasha was the best) and for the position, right in the old town of Budva.
I can agree that the hostel is not that clean and the room were not the best, but remember that this is a hostel and you always get what you have paid for...
Anyway for me, it was the best choice in Budva!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hostel is located in the cenatr of the old town Budva. Rooms are clean and well - equipped. Staff is brilliant, they made me laugh all the time.Transfer to Albania organised by hostel is really good and fast.

Room Tip: Choose anything, it doesn't matter because you will have a great time there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It took me some five minutes to find the right street, but the location of Montenegro Hostel is actually great. A small but not too traffic street in the strict centar near the beach and city walls, nice clean cozy dorms and kitchen as a place to hangout with the others make this place worth to stay. Actually, the hostel's got everything you need to have a great time in Budva. The hostel staff and their friends were a great company. See you guys again one day...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I hate to be that person, but this was the worst hostel I've stayed in. The whole place was just disorganized. The check-in was unmanned. I had to wait for the person to show up, despite having a reservation and arriving when I told them I would. The dorm upstairs was a mess. There were extra beds stuck wherever they could fit. One wasn't even a bed, but a sofa being sold as a bed. The theme continued in the bathroom where smelly towels and an overflowing hamper took up almost all available space. The kitchen was disgusting as well. Several garbage cans also needed to be taken out. Luckily the wifi was fast so I could book another hostel for the next night. Loud music pulsed outside until dawn when the church bells took over with their hourly routine. In the morning, again, I had to track the lady down to check out. Ugh... The only good thing? I suppose the location in the Old City near the beach would be a plus, but I found the music which pervades the entire Old City after dusk to be intolerable.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors might be able to escape the music.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Haythem19
Reviewed September 30, 2013

After 2012, I stayed in the Montenegro Hostel in Stari Grad Budva for the second time this year in 2013 for four nights.

The hostel is situated right in Old Town and it is the only place to stay besides some rooms or apartments that you can rent for a higher amount of money. The dorms are nice and cozy, everything is painted in different colors, which causes a very nice and friendly ambiente. To each of the dorms there is a bathroom with tub and a kitchen which is supplied with everything you might need. The kitchens are quite new and all clean. Same with the dorms and the bathrooms.

The staff is great and I felt like I became part of the family for the days I stayed. I do not share the opinion of some older posts which commented on rudeness, whatsoever. The owner has a great sense of humor which may not be understood by everyone and she tried to help me out with individual travel planning and arranged a room for me in Kotor as well es Podgorica.

There is also a shared computer and WiFi, as well as TV.

Keep up the great work!

PS I dont know why the net says there is a fitness facility and a pool, note that there is not. Also note that there is a Bar nearby which plays music until midnight, but did not bother me at all since I always have ear plugs with me on my trips.

Room Tip: Rooms are all basically the same. There is also a private double. If you have the chance, choose one...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo