“A very enjoyable experience”
Review of Zeleni Gaj

Zeleni Gaj
Ranked #39 of 147 Restaurants in Budva
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Zeleni Gaj" is located at Slovenska plaza, along the coast. Lovers of a varied food here can also enjoy a wide selection of local and international delicacies and the beautiful view of the sea, the island of St. Nikola and the old town. All this you will experience if you visit the comfortable terrace of this restaurant.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went to this restaurant twice while in Budva, and both times the food and the service were great. This restaurant gets full during busy time, but it doesn't feel crowded or uncomfortable like some places do. We ordered a large fish plate for two both times because my Mom loved their plate the most among all other restaurants in the area. I personally didn't care much for battered fish because I prefer it grilled, but their battered calamaries were one of the best I've tried. Also, one of the times a server suggested Poship (white Croatian wine) and we loved it. In fact, it became one of our favorites while in Montenegro. Their house wine is ok, the same as everywhere else. The beach tables are very romantic, especially the ones set right in the sand. Prices are average for this level of restaurant in Budva. Overall we enjoyed it a lot and I recommend it for both friends gathering and family outings. However, you may want to book a table during high season if you would like to sit by the beach.

There are newer reviews for Zeleni Gaj

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I think I had too high expectations towards this restaurant after reading all the reviews, I did not like the food in this reastaurant, however the location was really nice. We arrived early, around 7.30 pm, so we could choose a nice table on the beach, but the calamari which I had was a disaster. Were not washed properly, so all I was chewing was sand... This was my fist time trying calamari, so you can imagine that I will never ever eat again... It was a disaster, I left all on the plate. I do not recommend this place at all, there are plenty of other nice places to eat in Budva...

2  Thank melinda_rull
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Laying on the beach area offers perfect salads, spaghetti and fish.

1  Thank DoctorCube
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had a drink here during the day & the restaurant was absolutely packed with people eating. We came back that evening & were surprised at how empty it was (only us!). The restaurant serves pizza, pasta, fish & grilled meat as well as local specialities. My partner had spaghetti carbonara & I had a pizza and both were very good, We also had a few beers, coffee & ice cream & the total bill was about 25 euros. Service was really good & the waiter spoke impeccable english which we'd not found before in Budva.

2  Thank intrepidtraveller39
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Really for enjoying afternoon coffee and good meal