“Best national cuisine in town”

Nacionalni Restoran Mercur
Ranked #34 of 134 Restaurants in Budva
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Best national cuisine in town”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Excellent price quality ratio! Big portions, delicious taste, friendly service, spacious and comfortable ambient. Recommendable for all food explorers :)

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
Kansas City, Kansas
“Restoran Mercur”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have to get a special shout out to the petting zoo. We did enjoy that, too. We found this place through trip advisor and we were a little ashamed to be going to dinner at the bus station, but it was near our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised when it was the best meal we had had after 3 days in Montenegro. I ordered the Mucalica (Spicy Goulash) and it would have been enough for us two ladies to share. We had a lot leftover. We did share the Sopska salad and it was great!
Afterwards we moved to sit closer to the animals and had cake and coffee in the comfy chairs, the cakes were also delicious. We spent just under 30 Euro including the cake and coffee, but we could have easily shared the entree.
It would also be great for kids as they can pet the little goats and there is a little play area.
They did not speak English, but the menu was in 4 languages so we managed.

• Visited June 2013
Arcata, California
“Good food, awkward service”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went to Nacionalni after reading the reviews from TA. The food was good. I did not order anything special or extravagant. I had Veal Pottage and a Shopska Salad.

The Veal Pottage was exceptional. The veal was still tender and the flavor of the soup was just peppery enough. Served hot and in a pot that looks like it had been used over and over, awesome, because that adds flavor to my pottage. Shopska was good. There was an even amount of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and cheese. Which is nice because when in Bulgaria they will load up on the onions until you have indigestion.

The service isbest described as awkward. Not bad, awkward. It amazes me that in such a touristy city, no one in this restaurant spoke English. At least that was my experience. I spoke to 4 wait staff at the restaurant and none of them spoke a lick of English. Now I do understand that I am in another country where the primary language isn't English, but I do feel like that is the universal language when traveling. After many attempts to order, get tap water, and pay the bill, I was at ends wits by the time I left. I was able to handle myself very well, but all I wanted to do was stuff my face and leave as quickly as possible.

Prices were fair and the ambiance of the place was acceptable. Great afternoon light makes sitting inside seem like outside.

• Visited May 2013
Drogheda, Ireland
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Here me and my wife had some lamb and some salads. The best was the greek salad. Lamb was grilled and tasted very nice. As we read they serve homemade bread we were expecting something special but the bread was nothing special, tasted like one from the market. Service nice and friendly. We also tried the turkish coffee which was nice. Price is reasonable. Worth of visit.

• Visited July 2012
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hubby had a rare Monday off so decided on Java for lunch, It was busy but another grear plus was the table in the very far corner was free. I was going for their delicious chicken livers but they had lots of specials on that day, I went for lamb kebabs which came with a greek salad and pitta bread, gorgeous! Hubby also chose off the special menu, massive king prawns, they were divine. Always really friendly staff who do their upmost to make you feel welcome and relaxed. We'd been out over the weekend and had some lovely meals but this one hubby said was his favourite, outstanding prawns.

• Visited July 2012