“Plenty of space”
Review of Lary Hostel

Lary Hostel
Lary Hostel
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were surprised when we arrived to find that this hostel is on the outskirts of town. Nevertheless, this hostel was most welcoming and friendly. The family looked after us very well.
They provide breakfast for 15lei per person and dinner for 20lei. They will transfer to and from the bus/train station at no charge(and no matter the hour!)
They also kindly arranged a tour guide for us to see the surrounding monasteries - cost 400lei per person, includes driver/guide and transport. Does not include small entry fees into monasteries.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Quiet location. Friendly people - proprietor drove me to station. Warm, comfortable, clean room. 24-hour use of computer for Internet. Reasonably close to Suceava North railway station. Excellent meals.Many thanks to Geta!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and spacefull.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I arrived at Suceava around 08:00 PM. I wanted to go at the Irene's hostel but because it was full, I had to come here. I was a bit reticent first because the hostel is a bit far from the center of the city. But I have not been disappointed! It is an amazing hostel! A huge house in the middle of the fields, with an amazing view, nice and cosy rooms, plenty of space to be very comfortable, kitchen, sanitary and internet at disposition... It was one of the very best hostels I've ever been into! I had a lot of fun and really felt like home! The owner does not seak english quite well but it doesn't matter, we always find a way to understand each other and she is always willing to warmly help! I deeply and sincerely recommand this hostel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I ended up here because the hostel I wanted to stay at was full but I am now so glad that the other hostel was full. This hostel is more like a home. Quiet, clean, comfortable and very relaxing. The owner is very kind and helpful. She doesn't speak much english but does everything she can for you. She will even call people to translate and make sure that you are ok! I really recommend breakfast as they have a cow and chickens so you can't get much fresher! Its a bit out of the city but there is a frequent bus and they are also very helpful on taking you to where you need to get to. I enjoyed my stay here so much that I stayed for an extra night. It really felt like a home. I would recommend this hostel everyone who enjoys a relaxing quiet stay. I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to the city.

Room Tip: I stayed in a dorm room and had it to myself for three nights!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I staid in Lary Youth Hostel because after I started with Irene's...I wanted to try this one too.

Even from the start this "Hostel" looked more of a pension, of a home..and this made me feel good.

The staff, de facto owners were very kind giving me a lot of attention and trying to make me feel wanted there.
The place was very clean and very good-looking.

The room I stayed in was very spacious, I had a wardrobe and a doublebed just for me so I had a very comfortable sleep.

They gave me breakfast and tea along with many tips on Suceava and the Bucovina region.
The second day they helped me get to the city in order to continue my travel plans.

If I ever go to Bucovina again, then I will make a stop at Lary Hostel.

The fact that they have high-speed wasn't really of interest for me because I wanted to get disconnected from anything else but Bucovina :D

P.S. The only disadvantage of the place is the location which is actually a bit further away from the train station than it looks on the map but I think is worth the extra effort.

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs in the doubleroom and I liked it
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Just outside of town and in a quiet setting. The owner was so helpful . . . Offering trip advice, tea, snacks, and asking what else would help. Great for kids - many animals are present. We felt right at home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AnaviajeraSanJose_CA
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Nice and clean Hostel.
Looks more a pension than a hostel.
People are very friendly and helpfull.
Very good food and beds.
Large, silence and clean rooms.
Feels like home ;)