“Good food at high price”
Review of RESTAURANT Prestij

RESTAURANT Prestij
Ranked #18 of 67 Restaurants in Ploiesti
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm used to have a dinner in this restaurant, the food is very good, I like hot starter and steak Argentina with Fateasca Neagra.
In winter, inside, very nice, only things is that you smell the smoke of near tables.
In summer good place outside.
Service, is quite good, the only things is the price, quite expensive, 35-45 euro each for a starter, a steak argentina with potatos, Fateasca neagra divided by 3 people and a coffe.
In any case, it is a good restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been here on a business dinner with some friends from Ploiesti. I can say for sure that the food was ok. The only problem is that the waiter doesn't know English. Be careful what you order or go there only if you know Romanian or you have a Romanian friend with you.
We eat outside, so be prepared for some hot Romanian nights! It's very hot in Romania :(

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a good restaurant close to the main boulevard, Vigo Hotel and Vienna Cafe. A cozy atmosphere servicing delicious food inside and outside, highly recommended.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a fun dinner at Prestij. It was summer and since most of the restaurants don't have serious air conditioning, they move lock, stock and barrel outside. Often there is no choice but to eat outside even if it is a really warm evening. The evening I and two business associates wandered in to the extensive patio area was a somewhat warm one bot tolerable. I want to point out here I had already attempted eat there once before but was perplexed when I arrived and no one showed up to seat me. That may be because off of the main and noisy street you do see a gate and seating, but I did not know until my second arrival that the bulk often outdoors area is around the quieter backside of the restaurant. Once seated by a friendly English speaking waitress named of all things, Betty, we ordered and enjoyed mixed drinks and good Romanian beer. We moved on to ordering food and saw the standard enormous menu ranging from descriptions of elegant continental fare to Chinese dishes. No kidding. I already knew enough about eating in Romania and in the world in General, don't order from outside the region's specialities. So we ordered from the "Traditionale" section of the 40 page menu, ordering a pork dish that came with polenta and mixed pickles as well as a dish of beets with horseradish. Between the very good, very authentic meal and the bizarre yet talented singer and keyboardist who did a pretty good take on everything from Frank Sinatra hits to Proud Mary it was oddly very enjoyable. You would have thought from all the American tunes the duo cranked out that this was a tourist oriented restaurant, but you'd be wrong. Ploiesti is not really a tourist town and I believe we were the only Americans there. The place really filled up with hip beautiful Romanians, their families, friends and children and became quite lively by the time we left. I will return.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Been here many times with family and friends, just for a lunch or dinner and even for special occasions where we had around 90 guests (this happened 4 times with such an audience).
Each time we were satisfied with the service and food. As well, the location is very nice and in the city center.

1  Thank dumid