“Amazing spa in a brand-new hotel!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Oradea
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, and our expectations were limited. However, as soon as we stepped into the hotel, we saw that this literally was a jewel of a place to spend a wonderful weekend.

We were upgraded to a room with a balcony for being loyal HHonors members, and the lady at the reception politely mentioned - we have a wonderful spa, you should try it. Boy, was she right! The spa area is very big, and it consisted of a beautifully clean swimming pool, an adjusted whirlpool and the area with saunas and emotion showers, something we found very interesting. It was one of the best spas in any Hilton hotel, and we stayed at more than 30 of them this year only!

Breakfast was also an excellent choice, with everything one would expect or want.

Well-done, we will come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UV4ever
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write back to us with such an extensive report on your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea! we love to hear that you had a share of our caring service and that our professional staff made you feel comfortable. It honours us and makes us try every time even more. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

One of the best hotel experiences ever. The hotel is amazing, the rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious and very efficient. Orange juice and coffee runs freely and the food options quite diverse. The welcome cookie a really good addition. Do not miss out on the pool and jacuzzi. The hotel staff could not be more helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Nimah A

Thank you very much for taking the time to write back to us about the experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea. We are every time very pleased to read that our guests had a great time, a share of our caring service and professional staff. Look forward to welcome you back in the near future! Safe travels in the meantime!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Excellent new hotel with great service and good value. The cookies are just amazing, just what you need after flying in via Hungary on WhizzAir !! Full spa facilities including gym / pool / steam / sauna Easy walk into city centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience in DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea. We love to hear that you had a share of our caring service and are proud to find out you love our cookies. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed a night here with my family. Even if I booked a normal room they upgraded me to a suite which was really big,clean and very nice. The room design is beautiful and relaxing. Rooms have either a park view or a river view so this is also nice.
Now the negative points: rooms are not at all sound proof or the ventilation system is not properly constructed. All night long I hears cries and groans from the room above. Maybe the couple was in the honeymoon ,but for my child to hear from 10 pm to 6 am only very loud f...king noises and the lady screaming" Yess !!!my darling , do it like this ..." wasn,t so fun. So please if you have honey moon couples in this hotel due to the quality of the walls put them in a separate area of the hotel
Second surprise was next morning when at breakfast we saw that food was not enough and they finished even the scrambled eggs. When I asked them to bring they said that they will bring immediately, but after 10 minutes I hear a waiter talking with his girlfriend ( she was visiting him during work hours) that he has to go in town to buy eggs because they were out of eggs . This sounded to me incredible.
In conclusion the hotel has the potential to become a five point rating if they are fixing basic issues like breakfast or soundproofing to room or the ventilation system or at least do not put couples near childs rooms
One more thing reception desk services were really high quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ciprianjitaru_jitaru

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at DoubleTree by Hiton Oradea. We love to know you had a good time and equally so we appreciate also negative guest feedback, it motivates us to do even better. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future to show you all the improvements we have in place following your input, which is very valuable for us.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I came for one night on business and do not want to leave!
The bed is amazing and the room really perfect!
You receive a huge warm chocolate chip cookie upon check in and then upon return from my amazing massage I found a plate of dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts,honey and a couple bottles of water!!!!
After dinner we stopped at the bar for a nightcap and the batman was so fun and friendly it was great fun!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share such amazing experience in DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea! we are extremely pleased to read you had a share of our caring service and professional staff, it gives us great pride and motivates us to do better every time. Safe travels until your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Normally I'm not the easiest person to satisfy in the whole hotel/customer services department as I value my time too much to be squandered on a unsatisfactory holiday. Since my husband and I were doing a mega European driving tour we were quite free to stay anywhere at anytime so while in Hungary my husband wanted to go to Romania. Had heard loads of terrible stuff regards, poverty, targeted crime to tourists, packs of stray dogs roaming the streets and generally a sense of lawlessness. As you can imagine none of that sounded like holiday material and put the fear of god into me to even going there.

Anyway the long and short of it after protests by me saying i'd stay in Hungary and he could collect me once he had driven the Transfargarrision highway on his own, I conceeded to go two hours into Romania since this Hilton Oradea looked lovely and if I was going to be on my own I'd be picking the best. I thought it would have been nice, but it was exceptional especially for the money. As my hair brained husband set off a 4am in the morning to drive this famous best top gear road I planned a full day of pampering, swimming, lunch and a walk down the riverside.

Although my husband was meant to be back for dinner at 7pm he couldn't resist driving to Bucharest to see the peoples palace etc. He actually returned at 4am the next morning but he assured me everything felt safe out on the road. I assured him I wasn't paying any ransom for his return so I think we all knew I wasn't happy about being stood up for dinner.

Turns out I maybe overreacted to unfounded reports on this country and although everywhere has 'bad' places everyone that I met inside or out of the hotel were more than friendly and I found that very assuring. We were met with excellent warm cookies on arrival, helpful and quick receptionists, the experts in the spa were top of there game with beautiful surroundings. (though I would say the changing area was cramped and ill designed)

Because I got the pleasure of dining on my own I think the waiters were very chatty and were very helpful answering my 'why' questions I normally ask with my day's observations. They took more time than their job probably allowed to talk. Even when I got a dessert I didn't like they wanted to get another local specialty to try for free although I did not ask them to. I really to do feel the whole experience being there was comfortable, luxurious and friendly. I even systematically made my way through the cocktail menu which was just got better and better ;-). So how anyone could rate this as terrible is entirely beyond me.

The room we upgraded so I don't know if the bobby basic one is a drop in what we had but the glass lift looking down the river was a nice touch. Seemingly if you want a balcony you couldn't get a full river view but our room seen a bit of everything.

Only warning i'd give is the price of the beauty products they are mental!! £100 for a face cream. Eh no, I thinks a bit rich for me. Felt it didn't really reflect the good value within the spa so my advice to management is to review this. As I would have purchased it if more reasonable.

Bottom line is I never considered Romania as a destination at all and due to this experience at this hotel my view is a positive one. This hotel is a brilliant base to explore historical Oradea.

Room Tip: it wasn't much difference in price between an upgraded room and standard and I haggled. the AC...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and our guests your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea. We are more than pleased to hear this experience has made you change your mind about Romania and Oradea in particular. The fact that our caring service and professional staff is one of the reasons is even more appealing for us. Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future for an extend stay. Safe travels in the meantime.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

A very good bran new 5* hotel ,I say for sure the best in Transilvania,with a very young team ,a very good spa area ,an ok restaurant ,typically Hilton breakfast (not impressionant but ok),very very very cheap accommodation ,very helpful young stuff .
The only problem is with the AC cause is really not working !!!
Every time I'll go to Oradea I'll check in to this great hotel.

Room Tip: During the summer do not take a room with river view cause is very hot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea. We are happy to read you had a try of our caring service and professional team. We appreciate as well all feedback you have for us. We look forward to have you as our guest once more so you can experience directly the changes we re doing to always improve our service.