DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea
Atrium(Oradea)
Hotel Iadolina(Bihor County)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesthe riverdoubletree by hiltondouble treean excellent hotelspa areachecking inmodern designcrisul repedebusiness tripswimming poolcomfortable bednice experiencenice viewrooms are bigclean roomscity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Like I wrote in the title if they keep this kind of price I think in Oradea there won't be soon competitors for Double Tree. I've been paying via Booking 130€ for 3 night staying. Until I arrived in Oradea at Double Tree I consider Continental Forum in Arad the best hotel I've ever been staying in Romania. Well... I admit now I have to change my mind :) Double Tree by Hilton in Oradea is now my favourite romanian hotel.
Maybe the location is not so central (it takes 20/30 minutes to go by foot to town center) but it's a very nice location on the river with a large public park behind the hotel. You have to cross the 600mts faraway bridge to reach town center but in general people coming here use their cars so they don't find any trouble. Consider that the free parking in included. While there there was also a large meeting organized by firms (I admit I realized it only when I saw all the people going throu the reception at the end of they day because I suppose they were in a different part of the people so we didn't have any inconvenient). Even in this conditions we didn't have any troubles finding a parking lot in the private parking.
I stayed at 701. Nice view of the town. I suggest it in particular to families because it's the 1st room in the corridor so it means you don't have to worry about your children screaming. Then there's an internal door connecting to the 702 so if you need 2 bedrooms you can go directly without exiting in corridor. If not you find the door locked so you don't have to worry about neighbor. Nice to know that because the hotel was not full while there they kept it free so I didn't have to worry about my 3 years old son screaming and running in the bedroom. The room is large, with modern design and it's very functional. You find everything you need. I really like the coriandol shower gel and shampoo (my wife also the body lotion).
The staff was wonderful (they also have a nice habits... when you arrive they offer you a large warm chocolate chip cookie that make you feel welcome ... and at home :) ). Not only in the reception (very good at english but after 10 years of coming in Romania I admit I prefer romanian) but also at breakfast time (in particular to a girl named Maria, if I remember her name ... a young dark hair girl ... even if I know young and dark hair girls in Romania are very common ... I really appreciated the way she served us, the attention given to customers and details ... she also was very discreet kind and patient with my son ... I add that I really like the way she keep the breakfast lounge ... we missed her the last day before the departure ... we saw the difference... she's very careful of every details, so I would like to send her my best compliments because I forgot to fullfill the customer satisfaction survey in bedroom ... I hope her manager will let her know ... keep working like this).
There's wifi connection in the whole hotel and they give you the passkey as soon as you checkin. I used on my smartphone and tablet and it worked properly. In the bedroom there was the chance to have a wired LAN connection (luckily I was on holiday so I took a look at emails but didn't need the wired connection).
I think you know there's also an inner swimming pool. I admit I've never been there but my wife went 3 times. She said it was amazing. It's nice you have the chance to go throu the 1st floor so you don't have to show yourself with bathrobe while going throu the reception (the swimming pool is behind the reception).

Room Tip: I had 701 on the riverside, the view was amazing. I suggest it to families, it's close to service room so you don't have to worry about scream and noise. It also offers a direct connection with 702 so if you need 2 bedrooms for your family there's a quick transit :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTreeOradea, PR executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to us such a comprehensive and great review. We are happy to hear that Maria made your stay even more comfortable and I would like to mention a special copy of your kind words has been handed over to her. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon again at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea.
Anca Motica, PR executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was on a business trip in Oradea last month, and our accommodation was at DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea. It was a very pleasant surprise. The service is excellent, you can feel that you are very well taken care of.

The design is modern, the rooms are very comfortable, and the view of the river is also quite nice. What's best is that the prices are pretty low for a hotel of this standard! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea. We are so glad you had a taste of our caring service and that our amenities made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future. Safe travels!
Anca Motica, PR executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Oradea.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

New hotel at high level. Always smiling staff speaking very well English. I will come back again if go to Oradea. Price for such level is very low. Not all 5* hotels are always 5* but choosing this you would not make bad choice.
Nice breakfast, superb rooms. Airport is not far.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcel H
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for staying here at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea. We're glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service and that you enjoyed your stay. And especially that our staff was friendly and helpful! We hope to see you soon again - we've got a delicious chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!
Anca Motica, PR executive
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We will come back to this hotel as many times as we will be able to ! Friendly and helpfull staff, perfect room with a giant bed and very modern furniture and bathroom also.
We stayed only one night, on New Years Eve and all was great. We were in the city center at midnight to see the lights in the sky . As I said, excellent and very proffesional trained staff ! For example, the bartender gave us glasses for the champain and told us how to go in the city center.
The breakfast is very good with a big offer of different sortiments of food.
We had no time for spa, but we will try it next time, we will surelly come back here !
Best regards! NT

• Stayed: December 2012
DoubleTreeOradea, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I'll be sure to share your comments with our team.
Looking forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future,
Anca Motica, PR executive DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea

Reviewed January 3, 2013

5 stars is much said. 4 stars, yes. The hotel is clean, friendly staff, but does not offer 5 star service. Same food for breakfast every day, very weak signal wifi in room, swimming pool water warm one day, cold in another. People who are not accomodated are allowed to use the pool, so you can meet there all kind of person.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aura M

Thank you for your insight on your recent experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea. We are sorry that the breakfast variety did not meet your expectations as well as the SPA facilities and the wi-fi connection, for which we are very sorry. We hope next time you travel to Oradea you shall be booking with us again and give us the opportunity to show improvement.
Anca Motica, PR executive DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oradea