“Relaxing modernity in a charming old city”
Review of Qiu Hotel Rooms

Qiu Hotel Rooms
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Oradea
“Relaxing modernity in a charming old city”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I found this place of trip advisor and I'm glad I did. Set behind some iron gates, up an unpromising stair is a lovely bit of modernity in the middle of Oradea. My room was quite large and had one of the best sound systems I've heard in a hotel.

Important to note, though, that this is not actually a hotel. There is no reception or concierge etc; it's just rooms, with a small communal area. So if you need all of the stuff which goes with a hotel, maybe it's not for you, but otherwise I'd fully recommend it.

And many thanks to Mona the cleaner who helped me sort out my onward travel to Budapest.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank George B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer: the location, the tastefully designed rooms, the welcoming staff, the baby cot available if needed.
Since we arrived in Oradea on the 1st of January, all the grocery stores and restaurants were closed, so we would have loved to have some meal options provided by the hotel. However, the hotel is surrounded by lovely coffee houses and restaurants, so this should not be an issue if staying here at any other date.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank matildab86
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The room is spacious and the bathroom is great. TVs and music everywhere was really great. The entrance stairway is something to ignore as what is hiddened above is excellent. The location is amazing short walks from everywhere.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Gcalmsc
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is my 4th time in Oradea and so far I was really disapointed by the hotels here.
Now I found just what i was looking for : charming hotel inside one of the finest baroque style building of main city centre pedestrian street. Rooms luxurious and clean... There i no reception which makes you feel at home... Simply the best in Oradea

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike P
Long Island, NY
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My mother's family is from Oradea, and I am so happy to have found a wonderful place to stay when we come to visit. The entrance is off the main pedestrian street, which is packed with cafes, shops and restaurants. Upon arrival we were a bit confused because the entrance doesn't seem to lead to a hotel...it is somewhat rundown. But after going up the flight of stairs to the hotel floor, we found what we were looking for. A beautifully designed, impeccably clean hotel lobby with ambient lighting and soft music playing in the background. We were greeted by the very nice owner, Brigitta, who also speaks English very well. Our room is gorgeous...romantic, modern, clean and spacious with a comfortable bed. The bathroom is clean, sleek and modern, the only small issue is that there is very little shelf space to put your toiletries. Also, the tub is very high for a short person like myself, and I have to be very careful climbing in and out whenever I shower.

The view from our huge windows is wonderful, overlooking historical buildings and the buzzing pedestrian street below. We are pleasantly surprised with the soundproofed windows. You do not hear anything once you close them. The flat screen tv and air conditioning system are great. There is free wifi connectivity, but the signal is weak from our room, so we have to sit at the table in the lobby in order to access it, apparently the other rooms do have good connectivity. However our room seems to be larger than the others.

We are very very happy staying at Hotel Qiu, and recommend it to everyone visiting Oradea!

Room Tip: If wifi connectivity is important to you, ask for a room that has a stronger signal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cghezzo
Constanta, Romania
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My first impression was not very good, because there is a permanent staff at the reception. We arrived in front of the hotel and to get the room I expected to come receptionist, even if we set in advance the arrival time later she came. After this unfortunate experience, entering the building I was disappointed with the state of degradation of the stairs, the building is very old and expects to receive approval for its restoration.
Arrived within the small hotel I had a very pleasant surprise: an elegant lobby with soft lights, a small kitchenette with a coffee maker and various materials for tourists.
My room had a large terrace open to the main pedestrian street, where many shops and restaurants.
Chamber design is very, very modern, with colorful lighting, floor lamps and spotlights. The bathroom is designed in the same style, very comfortable and equipped with hairdryer and TV screen.
There is the possibility to serve tea or coffee in the morning. I met the manager and I recommended that in future to provide better service to tourists received by receptionist. I recommend this hotel because it has excellent facilities, luxury, and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lucica_11
Roermond, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel is located in right in the center, in a very nice pedestrian zone, parking a car might be problematic, but I came by train. Because there is no 24/7 manned reception I got a call on the arrival day to inform them what time I would arrive. When I got there I saw the sign, but I didn't see the entrance, except for a hallway heading to some stairs. Luckily, a local helped me out and pointed me to go up the stairs, there was the entrance. The hotel looks awesome, everything looks like new. The rooms are absolutely luxurious. Airconditioned, a refigerator, dynamic lighting, free wifi, in-wall surround sound system, a flatscreen TV in the room + one in the bathroom. simply superb. 2 bottles of water + coffeepads are supplied every day free of charge (there is an espresso machine in the lobby). Keep in mind that there is no restaurant/breakfast so you will have to go out for this, or buy your own supplies. I can really recommend this hotel, my stay was great. Unfortunately the last 2 days there was no hot water, in Romania this is supplied by the city and for maintenance they shut down the pipes without advance warning, on my last day I noticed they were installing a central boiler boiler so that this won't happen in the future if the city has to shut it again. I had to shower with cold water for 2 days and a compensation for this would have been very nice. Anyway, for the price I'm sure this is the best worth for your money when staying in Oradea.

Room Tip: If you get a smoking room you will get a balcony, otherwise I guess not.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends