“Keep it this way, Avalon!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Rooms

Avalon Rooms
Ranked #18 of 34 Oradea B&B and Inns
Woodstock
“Keep it this way, Avalon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

It’s our second stay here. First, was over seven months ago. Same quality and excellent value, same kindness and fluent communication. Stayed in the triple room which is very big and bright and it’s facing the Primariei Street. It is more exposed to street noise than the room that I stayed first, but it’s decently quiet during the night.
It happens often that I use more than once the same hotel, but in many cases, the return is not as pleasant as first, some of them could not keep the up the level. Not the case of Avalon Rooms, so, next year we will be back here…

Room Tip: The triple room is very big, and bright, I think they can easely accommodate 4 people here. It is no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Howard D
Pop D, Owner at Avalon Rooms, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We will strive to do that!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

i got the room on the first floor with the view towards the back of the hotel. i stayed in october 2012. very nice rooms, very clean, new furniture, new everything basically, for now they are just like in the official photos of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stefan87
washington, dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

well, it is over a bar !! but it is wonderful, the owner speaks perfect english and is available by phone from the lady at the bar downstairs at any time. the location is great a few blocks from the center of the town and from there across the bridge to the secession era buildings on republic street. there is a good restaurant nearby - queen's. the rooms are basic and the bathroom is small but it is very cozy and comfortable, the bed was quite large for a single room in a budget european hotel. anyway, this place charms one in its "europe of 50 years ago" feel. but it isn't old in the sense of run down or out of date. all is new and all works and all is spotless. loved it. you must stay here. then go stay in the timisoara in timisoraa for some 4 star life. but this place is great. enjoy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FROOOM
Pop D, Owner at Avalon Rooms, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
If we were to describe us in such a few words, we surely, couldn’t do it better than you. We are thrilled to receive feed-back like this one, concise and inspired.
You perfectly captured our personality, the mood, but also the limitations. Nevertheless, as a general consideration, we think that to be open with the limitations and the weaknesses is the preferred attitude:
- it gives you the possibility to improve what can be improved
- brings up to the virtual client’s knowledge, the limitations (e.g. size of the bathroom) , thus, it can be evaluated by each in they’re own way

We would like to accommodate more American clients and to have more American tourists in our beautiful but, somehow, overlooked city, but as the way things are now, this is just one of our main regrets…
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our stay in Oradea was very comfortable mainly due to Avalon Rooms. This little gem close to the centre has a very relaxed atmosphere, it's clean and comfortable, cozy and welcoming and all this at a very attractive rate! The owner was extremely accommodating and very kind. The wi-fi works perfectly. Read the other reviews for more detailed information, but I just wanted to add to the general impression that Avalon is indeed a good place to stay! Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank adinac
Pop D, Owner at Avalon Rooms, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your feed-back.

These are indeed, very nice words. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay, we hope that you had sufficient time at disposal to get a glimpse of the higlights of our beautifull city. Although, AVALON Rooms is not a conventional hotel, we still try to provide general comfort, being non-conventional, sometimes, it really helps. Nevertheless we struggle to keep the prices low, even though our rooms are highly requested, because we think that comfort has a financial part of it.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and if we'll host you again, we will do it, with great pleasure!
Garden City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've stayed in this lovely small hotel for 3 nights. I made the reservation through booking.com for a standard room. Actually I was surprised because of the rate and my expectations were not so high.
When I arrived to hotel, the owner welcomed me himself and offered a drink because of my long flight. I was not familiar with area but he gave me a map and explained everything on it. The room was decorated very cleverly with quality furniture. Especially the bed was one the best and most comfortable one, I've ever seen in a European hotel.
Every part of the hotel was very clear and you could understand that, it's a real non-smoking property.
When the weather was extremely hot outside, you can relax in your room with perfectly working airco and wifi.
I already make my reservation for my next visit on October.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Reginald D
Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I am not so into reviewing hotels, even though I travel a lot. But the excellent stay at Avalon Rooms, triggered me to do it. It is not my first time in Romania, but it’s the very first time that I put foot in this beautiful city. Now, I am thinking that it will not be the last.
Besides, this wonderful and historical Transylvania city, which I may say is not well promoted (like Sibiu or Brasov), I had the inspiration to choose a room at Avalon for my two days stay in Oradea. I choose it because of the low price and vicinity to city center (5 minutes walking to Piata Uniri- Union Square). It was really the lowest price in this area and even though I was not expected to much from it, now I can say that it is the best quality that I received for this price so far. My room was facing the backyard (I think a reviewer had some pictures exactly from the same room), it was a nice garden there with a wild vines and lily and except from some birds chirp very quiet surroundings. Original room set-up and design, quality wooden furniture, small but very clean and well equipped bathroom (shower). Wi-Fi worked better than the home one, free maps on reception and a nice and helpful owner (good English spoken there!). Interesting thing is that they don’t have night reception and the building is secured, the access is done with a electronic chip device that you receive with the key, this was very safe for my perspective. They did not had a tea or coffee maker in the room, but there is one on the hallway which can be used.
Obviously the kind of place that you recommend to everybody without hesitation…

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Howard D
Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

A small but very nice and clean hotel, with retro style rooms right int he centre of the city. You can get downtown in 10 min by foot. The owner is very nice and willing to help you or to offer you what you need.
The price is a good one. We checked the hotel on the internet and we noticed it had the best priced taking into account the number of stars. We booked the room and 3 days before arriving the owner called us to make sure we arrive. We got there in the middle of the night but there was no problem, everything was waiting for us.
We were very pelased and therefore we recommend this hotel for the others as well.

Room Tip: Rooms nr 3 and 4 are the best!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andra P
avalon-oradea, Public Relations Manager at Avalon Rooms, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your feed-back.
Clients response to our services is a very important part in our developement procesess.
When the feed-back comes in a very positive way, it means that our struggles to offer quality are appreciated. Still, we have plenty to do, there are many things that we are working to improve.
We “refresh” clients bookings, by kindly asking them to reconfirm before 2 or 3 days to arrival. This is our policy and it is applied to the phone bookings, we hope that our clients are not troubled by our requests, finally we take the reservations serious.
A late arrival was mentioned in your review, the late arrivals (after 22:00) must be prior announced, we are sure that you did that since we took all measures to provide you a safe and quick check-in at a late night hour.
Thank you and hope that you will choose us again!