All reviews perfect view eifel tower piece of history piata unirii classic hotel nice hotel bed was comfortable old building rooms are big free of charge parking place gustav architect city wifi grandeur culture
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Staying at historic hotels are usually a great adventure. So was Grand Hotel Traian, but not in the way I had expected. Plastic tarps, painting buckets and stepladders met me before I made it to the reception. The hotel were under renovation and it was a big mess, especially in the lounge and reception area. But the check-in was swift and friendly. My room on the second floor was large with a comfortable bed. A tall window facing the front of the hotel and one of the main streets, was framed with billowing blue curtains. The room was decorated, as I expected, with French looking furnitures. It was a comfortable room with a large bathroom, the reading light was adequate. The place was very clean. This was the low tourist season and I did not see another guest in this elegant structure. Regardless, it was pleasant to stay there, and should I return to Iasi I would stay at Trajan Grand Hotel again. The location was perfect.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is very central and the way to the airport is very short, which were our main goals booking it. The design is unique and the rooms are very big and spacious. However, it's old and needs a renovation, especially the shower and the toilet. Also, unfortunately, it was not sparkling clean. The staff, though, is very friendly and helpful. Their service was very kind.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2019

At first sight the hotel looks great, Beautiful design made by Eiffel makes it unique. BUt after entering it, things are getting worse....
There are two advantages of the hotel: it's in the centre of Iasi and also service is very good, although in my opinion they don't communicate with themseves well because I had to ask a few times for the same thing to different people...
When it comes to rooms, they are just awful. Old-fashioned furniture was probably made to impress guest but actually it's out of fashion and simply ugly. But there are much worse things.... First of all, the lamps are only on the walls and that mfact makes the rooms really dark, after reading for a couple of hours, my eyes hurt... The curtains were dirty...
When I was there for the first time, my heating didn't work, it was very cold in the room and the ventilation in the bathroom worked so noisily that I couldn't stand it. ALso the bathroom wasn't clean enough...
Whn I was for the second time, my toilet didn't work... It was repaired three times and it still malfunctioned...
Breakfast was generally ok, but it could be much better.
There are much more minor disadvantages, but the ones above are those that make me feel sure that I will never choose this hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018

As it was designed by Gustav Eiffel, this is a historic hotel. Which is why it's such a shame that no one has tried to preserve some of its grandeur. Far from what is shown on its website etc, this is a badly maintained hotel with mediocre service. My room at least was small and very basic, wifi is patchy and breakfast is below average, fitting for budget groups. As for sleep quality, all I can say is that I woke up every morning with backache from the old and over-used mattress. This is by no means a 4 star hotel in my book.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Although it is very well located, it is really not worth it. They pretend to be a 4 star hotel but they are worse than some 3 star hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is old and everything inside is also old and used. Room are small and cleanliness is below average, dust on and underneath furniture, not the cleanest bathroom, ripped curtains and sheets, stained towels with unpleasant smell (strong dusty smell). I even found one small bug and one tiny apple like worm (not pleasant).
If they would pay more attention to cleanliness it would be worth a 3 star hotel, meanwhile they are highly overpriced.

Date of stay: October 2018