We needed a cosy hotel to stay overnight in Iasi. Chose it due to proximity with Centre and nice TripAdvisor recommendation + they gave us an extra bed for the baby for free.
Generally, we were disappointed:
1. we needed rest - but up to 5 am there was a wedding at the lobby/restaurant of the Hotel; and Romanian weddings are noisy;
1a. from 6 am (MORNING) there were people hearsing in the Square and making huge noise with the drums; at 8 am people were shouting in protest (2 weeks after that Romanians have a referrendum to dismiss their President; and the protesters were those supporting his dismissal);
2. windows are poorely isolated: you can hear the cars driving (after all, it is center city); even in July, it was cold in the room; as if we were sleeping outside;
3. breakfast is poor, but it is workable.
4. staff inpolite; would not respond to simple direct questions.
5. asked for extrabed but all they gave us is 2 matresses... I felt like a jelly!
I hope I will find a better hotel in Iasi next time I visit it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Traian Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Traian Grand