“Fine for a budget motel. Poor internet.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Calera
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Fine for a budget motel. Poor internet.”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. The fridge, microwave and sink separate from bathroom are nice touches you don't always get in cheap motels. The hot breakfast was basic but good. Friendly staff.

There are no interior corridors. Personally I like the convenience of having a door to the parking lot in safe areas like this one, but some people prefer an inside entrance.

My big complaint is the internet service. I had a good wireless signal, but a slow connection. If internet service is important to you I'd suggest staying elsewhere. It works, but for high bandwidth business users you might get frustrated.

Otherwise I'd recommend the Quality Inn as a decent choice for staying on a budget.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Greenville, MS
Reviewed February 22, 2010

There were two very nice employees that assisted my church family and I on this trip..They were Lindsay and Alicia, but there was one HORRIBLE employee that made my trip end on a sour note. His name was Nouman Malik. He was VERY RUDE, VERY DISCOURTEOUS, and showed ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. The situation was so bad that we had to get the police involved. I give Malik two thumbs down!!

The hotel itself on the other hand was very clean and nice

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Imchanging08

Travelers are raving about these Calera hotels

Deltona, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stopped here while traveling from Mississippi to Florida. We were tired and needed a place that accepted small pets. I do not mind paying a fee as long as I have clean, comfortable accommodations. This was very clean and met all of our needs. I will not stay in a place that is dirty, worn or in a bad location. I was grateful for the condition of this hotel since we were exhausted.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frmrtvlagt
namalik09, Operations Director at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
On behalf of all the staff at the Holiday Inn Express Calera I would like to thank you for you review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you come again soon.

Lindsay Huffman
Operations Director
Akron, OH
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stopped here on our way from Ohio to Mobile. After a long day of driving, we were very happy to be stopping for the night and we've both been very happy with Holiday Express in the past. This trip - not so much. I've never stayed in a converted Holiday Inn Express before, and wasn't too thrilled to see the outdoor corridors and with almost no cars in the parking lot, I also wasn't happy to get a room on the second floor. The rooms were small and the bathroom area was postage stamp size - thank goodness the sink was on the outside of the bathroom! The breakfast area was also about the size of the room we stayed in - I think it had four tables inside. The room was clean, but that's the only good thing I really have to say. For $90 a night - I was expecting more than what was probably an old Howard Johnson or Motel 6. My advice - if you're set on staying in Calera, then try the Hampton Inn - we wish we had!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed here on business for 4 days with small dog. Were told over the phone it was a 20.00 fee for a pet. We assumed it was just a one time fee, NOT...its an everyday youre there fee. The sign in the lobby clearly states no pets allowed in lobby or breakfast area.....well someones dogs (2) were always in and or around the area. The breakfast was well lets say not fresh, the biscuts were crunchy, the gravy was cold, the sweet rolls that would have been delicious if fresh were crunchy. The microwave wasnt even in the breakfast area it was clear across the other side of the lobby. Overall it was an ok stay. Too stengy on the pet fee.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 16, 2009

The hotel had a nice comfortable bed, large sized refigerator and a microwave. It is also pet friendly. Nothing great...but, a good place to rest while traveling. The breakfast was a little disappointing. I have been at other holiday Inn Expresses which much more variety.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Room was very clean. Beds and pillows comfortable! Clean floor, clean bedding. Wonderful nice fluffy towels. Staff was friendly. Free breakfast had nice variety & was delicious. I paid $99 for Saturday night, which may sound high just to get a good nights sleep before continuing your travels home - but I've learned you get what you pay for - especially with a hotel room. Now, I don't mind paying a little extra money for a hotel room just to feel comfortable in it, safe & clean!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calera
Hampton Inn Calera
Hampton Inn Calera
#1 of 4 in Calera
Candlewood Suites Alabaster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alabaster
Americas Best Value Inn Calera
Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!