“Awesome New Hampton Inn”
Review of Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Calera
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Stopping on the way to Fort Walton Beach and found the desk help very friendly. Breakfast buffet always filled during hours open. Rooms very clean, thermostat on wall controlled heat, larger bathroom and flat screen tv. Easy quick check out. I needed ice for icepack and housekeeping employee filled the pack with the crushed ice. I would stay here each time we travel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2009

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The staff called me each evening of my stay to ensure that everything was ok. My room and the hotel was spotless. I tip my hat housekeeping.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This hotel is fairly new and was very clean. Desk staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful, even calling to see when a certain store opened the next morning. Our room even had complimentary water, soda, and crackers. The breakfast area is spacious and had a good selection of items- the smoked sausage was especially delicious. There is also a convenience store located in the hotel right next to the front desk. The hotel is very conveniently located next to Wal-Mart and several restaurants. The room rate ($109) was somewhat cheaper than other Hamptons. As a rewards program traveler, I stay in many Hampton Inns- this was one of, if not the very best I've stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I've stayed at several of the new Hampton Inn's and have never been let down. We stopped here on the way down to Panama City Beach. Nice pool area, warm cookies, great breakfast, unbelievable beds, LCD TV.....never disappointed here. Good location right off the highway, never seen any rift raft roaming around, seemed to be an up and coming little town. Ate at the BBQ place across the street, it was ok 6/10. Should have stayed and ate cookies!! The price is the only issue I have with Hampton's, I paid $112 after the taxes, would like to see it be under $100, but will always look for the Hampton Inn's.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Stopped here on way to Gulf Shores and found this Hampton more reasonable than Birminham area. Not much to do but a very good restaurant called Golden Rule Barbeque. We ate collard greens (wow!) which were so good fried green tomatoes and smoked barbeque ribs. Went to bed early to start out for beach and enjoyed the clean breakfast area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2009

Had to stop before reaching final destination, and picked this hotel based on Hampton quality and familiarity with this particular exit. Was traveling with 2 small children and felt very safe and secure with indoor rooms. Room was very nice, beautiful decor, very comfortable bed, easy Internet wireless access, and breakfast was excellent!. Not many hot choices, but many, many other choices, plenty of variety for kids and adults. Also, upon checkin was informed of fresh baked cookies, which were delicious, and the 24 hour coffee and tea availability, which was a great plus. THe checkin staff were very friendly, checkout, fine. I was unpleasantly surprised when I realized there was not an in room refrigerator or microwave. I really make use of the fridge when traveling with the kids. That would be a great improvement. Also, spent 100.00 total for this room, and frankly, that was too much for just a stopover at a Hampton. That included tax and the AAA discount, so I think it was overpriced. Otherwise, I would rate the hotel higher, but with no fridge for 100.00, I am just giving it an average

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I moved my parents from North Carolina to Montevallo Alabama over Thanksgiving weekend, I stayed in this hotel during the week long move. The hotel is relatively new, next to a super walmart and cracker barrel. The hotel was spotless, the bedding was up to typical wonderful Hampton quality and the flat screen television was a wonderful suprise. I only paid $89 per night, you can't beat that price. The staff at the front desk helped me change my reservation from a Hampton I inadvertently booked further away than this location. I wish I could remember his name, but he was extremely helpful. The breakfast was great and overall it was a perfect stay. Couldn't have been any better.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Cleanhotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calera
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alabaster
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Calera
Candlewood Suites Alabaster
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Best Western Plus Oak Mountain Inn

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!