“great place to stay”
Review of Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Calera
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stay here about five times a year on our way to Destin from Illinois and you couldn't ask for better service. If you have a problem they will make it right. Clean rooms,comfortable beds and a more than decent breakfast. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We always ask for the top floor so there's no noise from rooms above you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank btlu

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is very new with excellent rooms and decor. The continental breakfast is as good as any you will find. If there is one gripe I can find, the Internet at the time was awful, both wireless and in-room ethernet. I was better off using my phone. Probably a bug to work out, that I won't hold against them. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Husband and I stayed one night on October 10th. Newer, nice, clean location. Bright, king size room. Large bathroon with walk-in shower. Good breakfast. Train noise was not loud, as described by others. Good BBQ restaurant, Golden Rule, within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cbreezer53
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I made reservations here to visit family in the area. I didn't realize that it was race weekend! I was expecting to hear a lot of late night noise but was pleasantly surprised-no noise. I never even heard the train that I heard others talking about. I was on the side facing the Bojangles so maybe that made a difference.
I found the room to be very clean, well-lit and comfortable. I would stay here again on my next visit in this area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our third visit to Hampton in Calera. It has always been clean and comfortable; friendly staff; pretty good breakfast. Headed south, it gets you through Birmingham before Montgomery. Headed north, it gets you through Montgomery just before Birmingham. The fact that Milo's is nearby doesn't hurt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james w
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Love this hotel. I am super picky and a clean freak, and this hotel is the best. I love that they wash all the linens and not just the sheets. We were nicely welcomed, the beds were comfortable, and the hot breakfast was awesome. We arrived at night, and there was still coffee, fruit, and cookies available in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stopped here on our way to Destin, FL. The room (double queen) is very clean and the beds are super comfortable. The front desk staff are very friendly and seem to care whether or not you enjoy your stay. They also offer complimentary toiletries which is a very nice touch and free fruit for a snack (very nice when traveling with preschoolers). Very close proximity to restaurants and Wal-Mart which is handy. Continental breakfast area also is very clean and we are looking forward to trying it out in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calera
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Calera
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alabaster
Candlewood Suites Alabaster
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point

Been to Hampton Inn? Share your experiences!