“Most people will find the food very good I would imagine”
Review of Gaia Cafe & Crafts

Gaia Cafe & Crafts
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Sagada
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
San Francisco, California
“Most people will find the food very good I would imagine”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I especially liked the homemade chips and dip. The views of the terraces from where you eat are just...WOW. The rest of the vegetarian-inspired food is pretty good, but I have high standards coming from California. There was a woman who was pregnant that took my order when I was there. She had the warmest smile and energy. Very pleasant. I won't forget this place.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Marikina, Philippines
“It's noisy here, said Naida.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Naida is one of the cafe's friendly keepers and she was referring to the songs of several birds and the rumbling of the river in the valley below. "But yes, you are welcome to work on your sketches or grab a book from the shelf." And seeing I was struggling with the menu, she introduced me to my first ever vegan pasta carbonara.

The mountains swirled around me as I sank into a pool of gastronomic pleasure, awe for the indigenous and soulful content. The full-flavored coffee did little to keep me sober. Gawani, the petite and cheery owner, explained that the beans were from Bana's*.

I hiked back to town from Gaia, stoned and intoxicated. They must have put something in the food. Or in my drink. Or in the air.

*Bana's is the area's best source for coffee. Please see my review elsewhere on TA. Also...

• Visited August 2013
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“breath-taking view”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

we are supposed to try the zip line, but unfortunately it was closed...so my family just ate at this lovely place which is overlooking the mountains.
the view: it is very relaxing. it was windy when we went there, and i love the fresh air and the absence of noise from the incoming tourists.
the restaurant: even without looking at the menu, you'll know that this is a good place to eat. it is a creatively-designed place with lovely crafts, adding to the good ambiance.
the food: the menu offers vegetarian foods and they are actually good at a reasonable price.
i would love to go back when i visit sagada again!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Marianne W
London
“Worth seeking out”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's not easy finding vegetarian food in the Philippines especially good quality vegetarian food so this place is a real gem and well worth finding. It is not in the middle of the town and we went looking for it one evening. We were the only ones there but the staff we were welcoming and friendly and the food was very tasty. We would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“unassuming place... very artistic...”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

this was an incidental discovery, while walking the pathways going to Sumaguing Cave to meet our friends to tried the cave connection. we chance upon this place..what's so catchy about it?
it's the ambiance and the unassuming wonders the cafe has to offer...
the restrooms are nice, and the doors are an art itself...and we really didn't know that is vegan, until we ordered...
the food is good. this is must stop, when you go to Sagada....

• Visited April 2013