Open today: 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Lumiang burial cave

Amazed by how they buried the dead way back with no lights, no safety gears and slippery stones... read more

Reviewed December 18, 2019
nicosamneil
Newport, Vermont
via mobile
amazing spelunking experience

it's not everyday one can experience the majesty of the subterranean landscape. the 4 hour... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2019
paisley_road
Las Pinas, Philippines

Recommended experiences in and around Luzon
from $550.00
from $105.00
from $40.00
from $510.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2016

If you want challenge, try the cave connection where you enter Lumiang Burial Cave and exit through Sumaging Cave. You have to pay the guide P400 (per head). Smaller group per guide is better. Anyway, you have to pay per head, not per group. Follow what your guide tells you to do or you'll risk your life. I'm not joking on this one. Be very physically fit. Our guide was Kuya John! He's cool!!! AND STRONG!!!! Swim in areas where you can swim. Ask your guide! Enjoy your stay in Lumiang! There are places you can safely swim.

Tip: Bring just one camera and enough money. Small camera though, your phone will do. One phone is enough. Just use shareit to transfer photos later on. Put it in a ziplock. Ask the guide to bring it for you. You will be needing both hands to survive. Wear appropriate clothes. Shirt, boardshorts and slippers. Expect to get wet. There's no way you will get out dry.

We were a group of three then. We just brought enough cash and a waterproof camera. We just asked our driver to come back for us after 4 hours since we expected to be out after 4 hours. (We were able to finish both Lumiang and Sumaging for 3 hours, including the swim! Luckily, our driver and our guide knows each other and he texted kuya driver that we are done.)

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank KKLMaganda
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

Tip - When going to sagada, read what you should wear and what to expect that way you would know.
One more tip - leave your make up kit, it doesnt have a place in sagada, better bring a book or your best Playlist and your headset, the place is just amazing you will appreciate how quiet it can get.

Wore leggings and Sandugo sandals (which I really bought for the spelunking) but per my tour guide it would be best to just wear normal slippers. I went barefoot 3/4 during the activity and it was better, didn't have any fear of slipping and my tour guide was the one who told me to lose the sandals and I was so much more thankful after I did. This isn't a cute activity. It will test you. I didn't look up cos it freaked me out, it's a cave. Didn't look down cos it seemed like I was on the tenth flr and I was going down the basement and not by stairs. I just followed my tour guide. Your tour guide will tell you what to do all the time. Make sure to listen. He will tell you how to move so you get to the other end of the tunnel. Did rappelling. Held on to a rope with all my life cos if I let go the water is so freaking deep. The lumiang-sumaging cave connection is something. It's a once in a lifetime experience. I didn't even think of taking pictures cos I just wanted to just be done and be over with it but my tour guide was the one who was insistent that I take pictures. And I'm glad he told me to, cos I get to keep the memories. :) started at around 8:30 am, ended a little before 11 am. I was just fast because there weren't that many people. The cave wasn't crowded. And I didn't take a lot of pictures. Lol. You should do it, but if you think you can't don't, cos once you go in you can't turn your back. My tour guide for the cave connection was for 800, kind of priceless as he kept me alive. Lol. It is pretty awesome. Am glad I did it and I survived!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Visited this site last November 2014 with friends.
A glimpse of Sagada's burial culture.
Wear comfortable clothes and sturdy slippers, the narrow path to Lumiang Cave is slippery.
A local tour guide is a must.

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank SuperMarlou
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

We did the lumiang cave and the sumaguing cave during the same day. If I remember correctly you begin with the lumiang cave and you finish with the sumaguing cave (without having to go out in between ).

We just had an AMAZING adventure ! It was rather physical ! We asked for that to our guide so he made us pass in tiny passages and everything ! You will need to go up helping yourself with a rope ! Be prepare to use your muscles ! We enjoyed every single minute of this trip ! A must!!

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank taylor11122
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Great caving and historyexperience. I am talking bout the cave connection to sumaguing cave. They had warning signs about needing to be physically fit - that is true. Do not attempt if you have sizable belly since you wont fit in some of the holes you need to squeeze into. bring your own headlamp.

Date of experience: August 2016