“the falls are great but the trek is absolutely gorgeous.”

Bomod-Ok (Big) Falls
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Sagada
Reviewed April 9, 2012

the falls were so-so but the 1.5 hour trek made up for it.

walking along the rice terraces was just wow. way more beautiful up close. we also met a couple of young kids and other locals along the way.

it can get pretty hot as most of the trek is open air. so suncreens, caps are a must. :)

there are no changing stations in the falls as well, so if you plan on taking a dip, wear your swimming wear under your clothes already.

1  Thank raspberry007
There are newer reviews for Bomod-Ok (Big) Falls

Reviewed March 29, 2012

the falls doesn't offer much since it can get pretty dry during summers. i have seen bigger and more amazing than this but what makes it worth the trip is the trek. you get amazing views of the rice terraces. the air is fresh and you get to interact with locals. my crocs broke when we went there so i would really recommend hiking boots. flipflops would not be a good option. bring lots of water and wear your swimsuit already because bringing a lot would tire you out too soon.
i'm a big girl so it was a bit of a challenge for me. it was a good thing that we were with a nice group and they were always willing to take our photos especially since it was just me and a friend.
try to take a break on a nice field. my favorite part was just lying on the grass and enjoying the traquility and the fresh cool mountain air.

1  Thank imojen
Reviewed March 19, 2012

It took us sometime to go to this falls... maybe an hour or hour and a half, but its worth it when we reached the falls.

2  Thank Tumbler20
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was almost like Tappiyah Falls of Ifugao,the trekking is easier though. It`s fun to take a dip in its cold chilly water after a few kilometers of walking.

1  Thank jongen
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have been to Tinuy-an Falls in Bislig City, Surigao del Sur and Bomod-ok Falls fall short by comparison. So I was not too excited when I saw it. But it's the trekking down and back the Sagada Rice Terraces that makes you blow your horn and earn that damned shirt "I survived Sagada!"

1  Thank chimp_rex