“Yummy Lemon Pie”

Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Sagada
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I ordered the Spicy Chicken meal and was kind of disappointed that it wasn't that spicy and tasty. But I must say that their Lemon Pie was superb,it tasted like Frutos (Lemon) Chewy Candy. :) I also enjoyed the restaurant's interior ,it was a fusion of the minimalist and the traditional designs.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nice ambience, perfect place in Sagada to spend dinner after day tour or spelunking in Sumaging cave.
The low level table and chair stayed true to their Igorot heritage. At first hand, you might question their 100-peso plus per serving in the menu; til you receive your plate. They serve huge portions, which can be good for sharing if you are on a budget.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I enjoyed their best seller (egg pie) even the place..!
I just i have 1 recommendation, it would be nicer if their staff would wear nice uniform instead of ordinary clothes

Reviewed April 23, 2013

FOOD
The place is of course, well known for its Lemon Pies, which is a must try for anyone visiting Sagada. They don’t scrimp on the lemon, not everyone would like it (like my husband). I liked it a lot though, not too sweet to counter the sour taste, just enough tartness to keep you reaching for that next bite. The egg pie is also good (this one my husband did like), much better than the ones we get in Manila. The pie crust is also perfectly cooked, flaky, yummy and just enough thickness to hold all the yummy pie goodness inside :D
Every place has its own take or version of a viand. They only have chicken and/or vegetables on their menu, apparently that’s what’s most readily available – you’ll find a lot of houses selling B-cull (chicken) around Sagada. Just so you won’t be surprised, their chicken Adobo isn’t just cooked in soy sauce, and vinegar, it’s more of a Chicken Afritada, complete with the tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Good thing I like that too, and it tasted good for a chicken afritada :D
The Fried Chicken was also good, I think they added yoghurt to the batter for added flavor. Salad was made up of potatoes, carrots, pineapples and lettuce with a yoghurt based dressing.
Lunch and dinner meals are served with regular rice.
Can’t say much about the drinks, because I stuck with the Mountain Tea, which became my drink of choice in Sagada. At Php15 per cup, it is cheaper here than most restaurants in Sagada.

AMBIANCE/DECOR
They have three separate areas:
The outside seating have low and wide wood tables, perfect for laid back chillin’ while waiting for your meal, or just basking for that full belly afterglow.
The Hobbit Area – I just called this as such because of the very small chairs & tables on one side, with the low tables with pillows on the other side, Japanese style? I liked the tables a lot (maybe because its black?
Regular Seating area – This is at the back of the restaurant, near the rest rooms. Almost same tables as in the outside, just higher. Everything is done in wood, and very cozy.
What I didn’t like here is the rest room, as it’s more like an outhouse, with shower stalls in it. Nice touch if they allow guests who just went on cave spelunking to take a quick shower to get rid of all the mud, though.

SERVICE
Service was quick, and even though it was peak season, the servers are quite nice. Our server even had time to share a quick joke with us! We had our lunch there, I don’t know how long it took for them to serve us the food, I didn’t notice it at all… maybe because I had the pie and the tea first, so I wasn’t hungry (it was consumed quickly, mind you).
PRICE
For huge portions, quick service, freshly cooked meal, Php130 is Ok, or at least at par with the prices of most restaurants in Sagada. I was expecting it to be more, to be quite honest, based on how famous the place is. I was surprised when I saw the menu. Lunch and dinner meals are set to Php130-Php150 (Pinikpikan meal is Php600, good for 4 persons). A slice of pie is at Php35 just the same as the other lemon pies you might get from other stores in Sagada. Mountain tea is one of the cheapest here too.

Will I come back here? YES! I haven’t tried their bestselling meal, then Red Spicy chicken yet 

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a must-try for anyone visiting Sagada. The Lemon pie and the Egg pie are really good. If you are planning to bring home boxes or the pies, it is advisable to order in advance since they do get a lot of orders.