“Staying here might ruin your Sagada experience”
Review of George Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sagada
George Guest House
Ranked #10 of 22 Sagada B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Reading the previous comments, it seems that I stayed in a totally different place but no, it is the same George Guest House in Sagada.

The pictures in the website show a nice place, cosy, nice views. Far from that. Tripadvisor should not even consider this place as an option for accommodation.

The room I was given, was simply, a mattress on the floor (see pictures). Hot water system did not work. The flushing of the toilette was a kind of a joke.

I asked for a towel, and when they brought it to me I thought I was not clear enough about my request. The towel looked like something to wash a car.

The mattress was not suitable for having any rest. Furthermore, the small sofa aside seemd to have some "live elements" which were inviting not to even have a seat.

Broken windows in the bathroom, a constant flow of water smashing in the balcony..etc etc .

Internet? Yes, but it does not work.

Noisy to the unbearable.

I had stayed the day before in Batad in an even cheaper place but overall better than this guest house in Sagada.

Some may argue that for the price there would be no point to complaint. In that case, try it and you will understand that the management of this place does not seem to care about guests.

Room Tip: Consider all the options in Sagada before choosing this guest house. If after all you decide to stay...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jaime G

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We got a very affordable package from my friend who owns a travel agency and booked us at George Guesthouse. We got the Penthouse room for the group and the scenery is just simply breathtaking. The inn is very accessible to convenient stores, restaurants and souveneir shops. the staff is friendly and accommodating. You just need to request for clean towels from them since it will not be placed in your room once you check in. Overall the experience was great and we recommend George Guesthouse if you choose to pick Sagada as your next adventure destination this summer.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank iamCamilleM
Reviewed March 2, 2013

... Choose their extension hotel if you want to stay out of the noisy road. There's no Wi-Fi there though. But who cares? We didn't came there just for the Wi-Fi when there's tons of attractions outside. The staffs are cool and even their brown native dog that roams their compound. She used to walk with me to and from home during our trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had a room in the annex, with a double bed, private bathroom and a balcony with a great view of Sagada and the valley! Nice, well kept place, but wifi in the annex is poor.

Despite that, i thought it was great value (300 peso).

Room Tip: For good wifi connection, avoid the annex!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cb3689
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Traveled just last week (January 23, 2013) We stayed at GGH Annex not to far from the main building, and this hotel is one of best I have been. First of all, their rooms are very affordable, for only Php 750.00 you can stay there for 3 days (I guess for non-peak season). They may not offer you what 5 stars hotels can give but the place is definitely clean, spacious and with free wifi, TV and heater especially during our stay with a cold weather. The place also offers a nice view of Sagada and a very relaxing atmosphere. The personnel, the main reception and all the people working were all great, always with smiles and they're all welcoming. We even have good conversations with them during our stay. The food they also offer were very delightful, inexpensive and are at best with quality and quantity. They also have their own means of transportation that helped us with our heavy belongings during our departure. If I have time to get back to Sagada, I will definitely will stay there again. To my fellow travelers hopefully this will help you.

Room Tip: On GGH Annex, try choosing room no 3, that is on the second floor. It offers a very nice view of Sag...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mryoso33
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

300p for a single took with TV, private bathroom, and a decent view - great! The staff were friendly, but don't seem to talk to each other. I told the main reception I would stay another night, but at 7am one of the staff knocked on my door and woke me up, asking when I was going to check out! Not ideal. Free wifi, but slow, like everywhere in sagada. Really nice place.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This review may be a bit overdue because our travel was last Dec. 12, 2011.

When my then fiancee (now my hubby) and I planned to have an adventure tour in Sagada, we stayed at George Guest House for 2 nights and 3 days and only paid a total of P1,200. Once you arrive in Sagada, locating GGH is easy. Although, I can say that everything is accessible by foot. Don't dare to get a tricycle because it would be a shame to other tourists especially the other race when they see you not walking.

Indeed, GGH isn't really that far, just proceed the left side of the street and pass through other guest houses and restaurants such as Masferre, Yellow House, Yoghurt House, Residential lodge and others. When we got there, we were attended immediately by one of the staffs (Forgot her name) and lead us to our room after confirming my reservation. Our room was situated in the third floor and we got the “Blue Room”. You read it right, GGH’s rooms are color themed – Blue, Yellow, Green, and Pink on the 3rd floor and other colors on the 2nd and 4th floors.

Room Amenities

Each room can accommodate four (4) adults and basically, on the 3rd floor you will notice a twin bedroom. The space is quite small, but that was tolerable on our part. There is a food desk upon entering the room and a TV. There is a balcony connecting to other rooms, so make sure to lock the door when you go out. The bathroom was clean and a working hot and cold shower. I can imagine if the hot shower is not working, you will be certainly chilling and jumping in cold.

What to expect in this lodge? Be considerate.! Don’t expect that GGH will provide the convenience and luxury like a 3 to 5-star hotels in Baguio, Tagaytay or Metro Manila. Having said that, I can say that the value of P250 to P300 per head or P600/room for an overnight stay is reasonable.

From the time I made my reservation, I can definitely say that the staff is doing well. Another excellent job that GGH staff did and hoping to maintain is their hospitality with all-smiles in their faces. So far, they have attended all our needs.

After our caving (spelunking) adventure, my fiancee and I decided to take our dinner at the guest house because we had no reservations from the restaurants. You read it right, when you plan to take your dinner in Sagada’s restaurants, there is a need of reservation so they can prepare it beforehand. Well, caving really made us dirty, so we needed to take a bath before taking our dinner. When we went to the dining area, our food was ready. The food was fine, there was nothing special, but it was expected.

What else? If I am not mistaken, GGH has a laundry service and massage service. So, if you will be out of clothes to wear when you decide to extend your stay, that wouldn’t be a problem. The plus part, after that spelunking and hiking adventure and you feel your body aching, a massage service can be reserved for you.

If you ask me about Wi-fi? Indeed, yes GGH has it that is the reason why we were able to post photos of our adventure. Plus, you will never bother with noise because Sagada has 10 pm curfew and everyone would already be inside of their houses.

Did I miss anything? I can say GGH is highly recommended. Location wise? I think it is the nearest in the caves where tourists go for spelunking.

Room Tip: The blue room is ok, but if you prefer other colors like the pink room or yellow room, go for it. It...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mae L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagada
Hotel Luna
Coffee Heritage House & Hostel
Isabelo's Inn and Cafe
Isabelo's Inn and Cafe
#4 of 25 in Sagada

Been to George Guest House? Share your experiences!