“More than I expected...all the way around”
Review of Sumaguing Cave

Sumaguing Cave
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Sagada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am used to the U.S. where we have tons of annoying things like waivers and regulations to keep you safe. Haha. This really was adventurous. There were quite a few times where my heart was really pumping (navigating the slippery cliff side with a 6 or 7 meter drop below me). Maybe I'm just getting old though, because there were large groups of all ages and sizes doing the same thing with no problems! Haha. I did the full cave connection and be warned...get a REAL certified guide. We found one on the street who charged us EACH 800. It was supposed to be 800 total. He did know what he was doing, though. You will get wet. Shorts are recommended (not jeans). I will never forget this experience.

2  Thank IDreamedOfThis

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have entered this cave three times already and everytime was a good experience! Sumaguing cave is the most popular tourist destination in Sagada. In fact, there is no real tourism in this municipality if the caves were not around. The cave entrance was big and a little bit slippery because it rained. Before we entered tha cave, Our guide explained the rules and what participants must do or not to do. She checked our flashlights and made sure that our cellphones, wallets and other valuables were wrapped in plastic because for sure all of us will be wet.
Going inside is not as hard as other caves i've explored but Sumaguing cave is one of the most beautiful. The curtains are a favorite spot for picture taking and the small pool at the end of the cave was a good spot to swim.... just be sure that your tour guide is watching and never ever go at the deep corner. We went in dry and we went out wet. It was a thrilling experience.

1  Thank Dean C
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Cold weather... warm people... simple life... peaceful place... these are but few words to describe Sagada, Mountain Province. A very typical and literal but magnificent definition of "Mountain Province", I shall say, a treasure hiding on steep mountain ranges... worth the half day journey is an exaggerated fulfillment to see the perfect landscape of nature, a breath of fresh air... a taste of simple life... in layman's term "ang ganda talaga ng Sagada".

2  Thank Ulysses R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

my very first time to enter a cave and my doubt that its dangerous or something scary going deep in the cave vanished...its really beautiful inside...just bring waterproof cameras or flashlights for better viewing ...dont forget to pack food for its not just the only cave in sagada which worth some exploration but a lot of must-see sights in the place...

3  Thank lai582
Reviewed September 1, 2013

If ever you are in Sagada make it a point to do the cave connection tour in this cave complex. It took us 5 fun filled hours to finish this activity and i must say it was one of the best things we did in Sagada. Make it a point to hire the local licensed guides. And do not forget to bring a water proof camera and lunch. Oh and be prepared to step on lots of bat poop. Its one of those experiences you wont forget for the rest of your life.

1  Thank Patrick294248