“A must try”

Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Sagada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must try”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

It took us 6 hours to finish the cave connection. Our first time to do spelunking. Very challenging. I suggest you prepare yourself physically for this. We all had a great time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Explored!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Amazing! I never thought I would enjoy it! In fact I'd never thought I would do it explore it again for the second time!!!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Dolephi
Austria
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“I love to do it again..”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hello...this is one and most adventurous thing that i ever had..Going inside the cave is not so easy for my husband &other friend..We make the long way for 4 hours..the short way is only 2 hrs..If it's your physically fit,try the long way because it's so much fun&exciting..Sagada pension house and making this tour is not so expensive.We done this last December 2011.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ItsmeKarla27
Quezon City
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“don't you dare miss this”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

this was first in my itinerary, and if i were you i would do this first before touring other places in Sagada. why?because if you survive this, the other trekking activities and everything will just gonna be like a walk in the park..

the rock formations inside the cave were nothing compared to the ones in Puerto Princesa Underground river. but of course it was the thrill of going inside and doing all this near death-defying stunts that made it more exciting than navigating PPUR. I was really praying that we will survive this activity since were not really physically fit for this kind of challenge, we were just giving each other encouraging words and moral support lols.

tips:
1.first level was the hardest,because its slippery.you cannot walk barefoot or you might have cuts on your feet so make sure you wear trekking shoes.dont bring anything else except camera and one bottled water. bottled water is expensive in Sagada.

our tour guide Keithlee was the most reliable,dependable,kind and helpful guide I would recommend to everybody. He knows your capability and knows when to help you or not so you will still have that fulfillment in you once you overcome the difficult stages. You must not have any doubt on your guide,because he knows everything in the cave and he's the only one inside you can rely on to. if he says you put your right or left foot there and twist your body like this and that,jump or dip into the pool or slide and climb you have to follow him. he was our yaya (he carried our things for us), photographer, lifesaver, and he was also helping other tour guides specially those in a large group to lead the other tourists and thats what made me proud of him, his just 19 though..here is his contact number : +63 928 332 7817

2. NEVER WEAR : shorts for the girls (or if ever put stockings/cycling shorts and leggings), jacket (yeah its cold but you wont need it because you'll still gonna sweat off) black colored shirt (its dark in the cave) light colored shirt esp for girls (to avoid men looking at you), no accessories or anything.

3. you can wear gloves to avoid scratches,cuts or bat poops. but you can wash your hands anyway once you reach the 2nd level.

4. physically and mentally prepare yourself. you might wanna do some jogging a week before you do this to avoid any body pains.you dont wanna ruin your vacation and not be able to visit other places and thats because you cant walk anymore the ff day after caving. never give up.and jusy keep telling yourself that you could do it. or else you will be left behind so you dont really have a choice but to finish it. these activity is not ideal for kids too.

have any questions?just msg me..

Visited February 2013
3 Thank mahcoolet08
manila,philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"unforgettable experience"”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

It was my first time to visit a cave and I did a good decision in choosing the Lumiang and Sumaguing Caves as my first try. The rock formations are one of the most amazing nature's gift I've seen.You just have to be careful at all times,There were steep,narrow pathways and also ice-cold water.Over-all I enjoyed this activity eventhough it was very tiring.Maybe after a year i would come back together with my cousins and also my sister:)

Visited February 2013