“rocks are very slippery-be careful”
Review of Sumaguing Cave

Sumaguing Cave
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Sagada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My visit to this cave was unforgettable. Rocks were too slippery and my tour guide told me I didn't have to take off my slippers on a particularly tricky part since I'm the only one he's guiding (most guides assist 2 to 4 tourists). I was a bit skeptical about it but I thought he knew the cave better than I did. I was so wrong. I kept my slippers on and slipped on one of the rocks and fell 8 feet to the ground. I was lucky I fell face down so I just hurt my arms, elbows, knees and legs. Had I fallen the other way, I would not have been alive to tell the story because the rocks where I landed were sharp and pointed. It was fun and thrilling but take-off your slippers while doing the slippery parts (even if your tour guide says its ok to keep them on) and keep your butt as close to the rocks as possible.

1  Thank yengc

Reviewed September 25, 2012

get a guide, go spelunking and figure out the formations....it is best to go in the afternoon so you can go hiking in the morning!

2  Thank nasmej11
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is so far the most difficult trip i ever had but me and my friend enjoyed it. Our tour guide told us that the other places we went prior to Sumaguing Cave was just a warm up, and its true. We've experienced total difficulty of getting down the cave with muddy, slippery and rocky steps with only a lamp to lighten the way. But all of these difficulties have been rewarded when we reach inside the cave. The place is so amazingly beautiful inside, with lots of unique stalactites and stalagmites formation. Just be prepared to get wet because of the flowing water and most importantly, follow the tour guide's instructions and need to be careful of getting in and out of the cave.

1  Thank Nesty_08
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I thought I'd prefer Bohol's peaceful ambiance but Sagada was awesome specially inside Sumaguing Cave! I thought it was really such a big cave after everything I went through the guide asked us to look around and found out that we just circled around. It was an adventure of a lifetime. This is one place that I would visit again!

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful experience. The trek which will take about 2 hours to and fro will exhaust you but it's totally worth it. You must get a guide to safely take you there. Bring extra clothes as you'll be wet.

1  Thank lonewolfshifter