“An oasis within the oasis”
Review of Hotel Sol y Dunas

Hotel Sol y Dunas
Ranked #2 of 29 Nazca B&B and Inns
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“An oasis within the oasis”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Nazca. It is a very modern hotel and very clean (rooms are cleaned every day). Breakfast is basic but good. Good WiFi in the rooms too.

Staff are very friendly and helpful and they will also help you book trips like flights over the lines at competitive prices, which will save you trekking round the endless agencies in Nazca.

When I was there the main road outside was being replaced so looked a bit like a building site. I was dubious at first but it didn't affect the quality of the hotel at all. In fact I got a decent night's sleep because there were no cars beeping their horns at all ours. There is a great sun roof too with good panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.

I arrived the day after a big group had left so seemingly had the whole place to myself so your experience may differ, but this isn't really the typical backpacker place to meet people. I got a big en suite single room incl breakfast for around £11. My room also had a fridge, cable TV, a fan and plenty of storage space.

My bus wasn't until 9.30pm and the hotel owner was more than happy for me to not only leave my stuff at the hotel but have a late checkout for free too.

I enjoyed coming back to my nice hotel room after spending the day in the hot and dusty town!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank James W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
sydney
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This place ticks all the boxes ... Friendly staff, very clean, and nice rooms, reflective of the fact that it's a new built. Probably the best value package in town ... Hard to beat.

The staff at front desk speak very good English and in my experience extremely helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The rooms are spotlessly clean and quite comfortable--and they are very reasonably priced.

Numa, the owner, welcomed us with a warm smile and gave us free transportation in his car to the Naza airport and then again to the bus station when we left town. When we offered to pay him for this service, he simply said that his priority was making our stay with him the best it could be and no, we could not pay for the transport.

Numa also helped us arrange a tour of local ruins on 15-minute notice, and the guide (Pepe) was outstanding.

I cannot say enough nice things about Numa and Sol y Dunas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and have found it a great place to stay. At my first night in Nazca I ate a bad ceviche and got quite sick. The owner of the hotel took me to the hospital at 2am and when we got back to the hotel, he and his wife made us tea, even though it was the middle of the night. We stayed a couple more days so I could recover and staff was always interested in my well being. This is a brand new hotel, cleanest and shiniest we have seen in 6 months of travel. The price for a room was very reasonable. There is secure parking next to the hotel. I recommend you stay at this hotel when you visit Nazca.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was a bit skeptical getting this hotel with no reviews but that's because it's brand new. Also the price seemed really cheap.
Honestly this is probably the best hotel I have stayed in for the last 2 months. Everything is brand new and clean, staff speak excellent English. I paid $22 for a single room but honestly would have paid $80 it was that good ! It's a bit out the way probably a 5 min walk from the main square but a taxi will cost 1 or 2 soles. Seriously you stupid not to book this hotel if you staying in Nazca ! It's really well worth the money !

• Stayed April 2013