“Amazing and still i use . A must see if you are an engineer or love clever designs"”
Review of Cantalloc Aqueduct

Cantalloc Aqueduct
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Nazca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: An ingenious system of stone aqueducts built by the people of Nasca in ancients times is still functioning and used by local farmers for irrigation.
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Went there with a local guide and got the entire explanation. Several miles of aqueducts still in use. Colseby you can see a few Nasca lines from a small hill (free) and a few miles along the highway to Cusco you can also see the talles dune in the world.
Enjoy !
Moro

Reviewed January 15, 2012

The aqueduct is actually a series of holes in the ground lines with stones in such a way that you can spiral down a trail to collect your water and bring it back up. They tap into two small underground rivers that merge there in the park. We did not count these rock lined holes, but there must have been something like 10 or 12, each one a bit different. The park is very scenic, with flowers and birds and palm trees. The fences are thorn bushes with the sharpest points I have even seen. Do not miss the Inca fort a mile or two away. Do not know why it is not advertised but it is quite a ruin in itself. We drove by it on our way from downtown and asked our excellent guide, Christopher, set up by Yesenia at Kunan Wasi, to stop. He gave us an impromptu tour of the place, which must cover 2 football fields basically for free.

2  Thank Wilson-House_Balt
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This wasn't on our itinerary but we hired a private guide to take us. It's definitely worth the time to see the aqueducts. It is definitely amazing.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I ended up staying in Nazca an extra day and I was not sure what to do. My hostel organised my plane trip over the Nazca lines so i went looking for somewhere else to go for the afternoon. I went into Air Nasca Travel Tour operators ( between the bus station and Nasca Lines Hotel) where a lovely man named Pepe helped us and suggested the aquaducts. It was 70 sole in total for two for a driver/guide. I hought this was pricey until i realised what i was goignt o see. I was so interested in the aquaducts i couldnt recommend them more. It is very different to anything I saw before and just goes to show how intelligent the Nazca people were. Would recommend the tour to anyone who is interested in engineering or history. The aquaducts are mind boggling how they were made 200 years ago. To fully understand them you would need a guide, I wouldnt recommend going to Nazca especially for them but if you're there and have an hour to spare, it's definately worth a look. Our guide showed us the unfinished loom and an old Inca ruins also. Would recommend the tour operators as well.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

The visit to this place came with the package, so I had no big expectations of this place. However, the short stay needed to see the essence of this place (less than 1 hour) was well worth spent time. The aqueducts were mystifying and the reason for the design and use very very intriguing. I would say a guide is a must to fully appreciate this place. A true mystery!

1  Thank dgjohansson