“Great hotel with lovely grounds”
Review of Hotel Majoro

Hotel Majoro
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Nazca
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights when I was visiting Nazca. The grounds are very lovely, the hotel has loads of gardens around the area and a great pool area. The owner spoke English, was very nice and so was the rest of the staff. The rooms were clean and nice, but I missed a tv since I was traveling alone and could not go anywhere on the evening (you need a taxi to get to the town, walking there at night is not recommended).
In their gardens live a a Llama and a Vicuña! I would not advise to touch them, they do not like it, but was great to take some pictures though, I also saw some birds and all, exploring their garden is kind of an adventure. The food was very nice, but waiter did not speak English so I recommend to practice your Spanish :) I can recommend this hotel anytime, I loved to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RippinKittin86
jaimepardo, Propietario at Hotel Majoro, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for your comments and staying with us. We only have ONE TV at the Hotel, at the tv room. We want you to relax, have no worries and enjoy nature.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Majoro

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Majoro, 7kms out of Nazca in Peru. It is a beautiful, spacious converted Hacienda set in lush manicured gardens. A wonderful big swimming pool with alpacas, peacocks and a quinya wondering around it was magic. The staff and owners were so friendly and helpful, exceptional. The artworks displayed everywhere were mind boggling..original nazcan weavings from 400 AD and oil paintings and sculptures dating from 18th century to the present. The restaurant was great and the atmosphere throughout the whole grounds was fascinating, welcoming and charming. My family and I wished we had more time to soak up the relaxing but sophisticated atmosphere. We loved it and recommend it highly.
Jeanette (Australia)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geetesh R
jaimepardo, Propietario at Hotel Majoro, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

thank you for your comments. I'm glad to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciatde the art pieces on display, the gardens, pool and my pets.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Do not let first impressions discourage you. The drive down a dusty, rocky road to a closed wooden gate to this walled-in hacienda shouldn't discourage you. Inside is a slightly worn but very charming and spacious hotel which was for centuries a convent and then a private residence and then a hotel, and its owners of the past seven years are doing very good things. There is work to be done here, but what is ready for visitors is already great. The dining room is large, decorated with massive antiques and fabrics from the Nazca period and serves very good food of nice variety. You could stay a week and never sit in the same nicely furnished room for your cocktail before dinner. The pool and deck area is large, and visited by a peacock, llama and alpaca. Beautiful grounds.
The manager, Enrique, went out of his way to help us, including hopping in our car to point out the way to an ancient aqueduct. There is an on-site weaver who allowed my wife a turn at the loom. There is a planetarium show that helped us understand and appreciate the Nazca Lines and their relationship to the stars. The hotel arranged our flight over the Lines.
Book the nicest room available because the prices are a bargain. No air conditioning, but none needed for cool desert nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michigander512

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Majoro, and comments like yours encourage all to keep improving.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in order to have one day to see Nazca lines. Very nice gardens and pool area, a lot of flowers and a very good restaurant on site. You need a taxi to go anywhere, but staying at the hotel was fine, since it has all facilities needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lars A
jaimepardo, Owner at Hotel Majoro, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

thank you for your comments. I'm very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Majoro is about 5 minutes from downtown Nazca but a haven of beauty and quiet you will need. Extensive grounds with a pet vicuna, llama and peacocks. Fruit trees, large grassy areas wonderfully landscaped and much outdoor art. Great pool and deck/bar area. Rooms are spread out around the property. Opt for a more expensive room near the pool. It is really not that much more and the serenity is worth it. There are relaxing great rooms decorated with enough local art to rival a small museum. Very comfortable sofas to sit around and read in the evening. We stayed 2 nights but could have stayed longer. Watch for the signs from the main road. The access road to the hotel is a dirt road and you may think "what am I getting into?" But once past the gated wall, you will be pleasantly surprised. This is the kind of place I would go out of my way to stay at when I travel. While the "lines" may have brought you to Nazca, you will find there are other very interesting places to go. Aqueducts, cemetery, pyramid ruins and more.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool just seemed the most peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kobesan
jaimepardo, Owner at Hotel Majoro, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to learn you had a good time at Majoro. I try to do my best to share with the guests Peruvian art and handycraft, and at the same time a relaxing time by the pool and gardens

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here one night on a whirlwind trip around Peru. We were initially impressed with the hotel surroundings, vicunas, llamas, peacock, pool and gardens etc. However found the room to be a bit outdated and the staff were not very helpful. Food/accommodation was OK but not great and we got better service/facilities/food at other hotels we stayed in. Overall we were satisfied for one night but not sure we would want to be there for longer. Good transit hotel but maybe not for a longer stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jaimepardo, Manager at Hotel Majoro, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

thank you for your comments. At Majoro we try to reproduce the atmosphere of a XIX century Casa Hacienda, including the bedrooms. We do not have a/c, radios or TV's in them, but we do offer wi-fi at a cost through out all the premisses.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

A very pleasant stay for a couple of days. Beautiful and extensive grounds and a large pool but what makes it stand out is the large collection of all types of Peruvian historical artifacts and works of art displayed around the hotel and in the rooms. There is a large sitting room where you can easily pass hours relaxing and contemplating. The restaurant in full of tapestries and colonial wooden furniture. Do need to visit museums!

This is a classic experience that shouldn't be missed unless you are a fan of modern cookie cutter hotels!

I had my bike with me and did a lovely ride out to Cahuachi following a road direct from the hotel.

We will go back somtime.

Room Tip: They have lots of rooms so ask to see more than one as they are all different!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jaimepardo, Owner at Hotel Majoro, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Indeed, what we try to offer our guests, is tranquility and a glimpse of Peruvian art.