TripAdvisor

from $82.00
from $390.00
from $150.00
3,100 results
All reviews both sides co pilot once in a lifetime plane ride motion sickness minute flight window seat bucket list got sick pisco airport alas peruanas amazing flight take pictures viewing tower mystery peru unique experience machu picchu
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Nasca Lines are INCREDIBLE! Stunning views and it is really unbelievable and mysterious to see the drawings. But be prepared for a rollercoaster ride! The planes swerve around the drawings on both sides, so both windows can see the drawing, but my boyfriend and I were so sick from the swerving we thought we might puke!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Interesting to see although pictures or movie allows for a better observation; if you are a Nazca lines geek here are few suggestions: take an early morning/ late afternoon flight, when the Sun is set low and shadows reinforce the design as otherwise they are not so easy to spot given all other lines, roads, dry river beds in the desert.
We flew there from Pisco instead of driving another 3-3.5hours to Nazca and picked up new LC Peru service - main merit is their twin engin aircraft providing for more security and quite large, panoramic windows.
Still have a little bit of mixed feeling: on the one hand it is something I wanted to see (and in this context it was worth it); on the other hand, the pictures are much better in the small book you get T the end of the flight and which probably costs 1/20th of the ticket price. All in, a bit disappointing...

1  Thank Scipion-Paris
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I didn't get sick! and was worried with all the reviews. DO NOT EAT BEFORE. other were using the handy refuse bags.. The pilot was unbelievable. What flying. Worth the cost of admission even without the lines. But ....the LINES. How Did they get there? What a curiosity. Very much enjoyed this and so very glad I made sure to include in Peru.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank BlueFalconRidge
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I did it on August 19. Arrived in nazca at 6 am on a Bus from cusco. A random guy waited outside of the bus stop and said sol 250 ($88) for the flight including transfer. He then took me to NAZCA INN to wait there til 8. Then they suddenly increased the price for a 4-people plane and approx 40 mins flight to us$160. I said they were not fair in terms of disclosure and he said it was my fault because I didn't ask the right questions. So I said I wouldn't mind NOT SEEING TGE NAZCA LINE AT ALL. Then he backed down to $100. (FYI, hotel in Lima recommend a travel agent also demanded $160 incl transfer. ) Please remeber, PROPLE AT NASCA INN CANNOT BE TRUSTED!!!! THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY!!!

Then I arrived at airport and the situation wasn't as messy as previous travelers described here. Things are simple. Many airlines waiting for 4-5 passengers to fly. If you asked at the airport , price is us$80. Remember to ask of everyone has a window and whether they cover the whole thing! Transfer between airport n downtown main street where the bus stations and souvenirs stores are is approx 10-20 soles ( us$3-7) one way. Some airlines will give U free transfer back to town.

The flight is not that bumpy but the pilot had to make sharp turn to show passengers both side of the same graphics. There are actually many many lines on the ground and sometimes you can see it clearly and sometimes just too late when your eyes keep searching for it. My opinion is that the graphic is much smaller than I originally thought. If you google nazca lines, u will see a better pictures than on the plane for sure especially nazca is really out of the way no matter u are in cusco or Lima.! If you ask me if it is worth it? Probably not worth the hassle and just go google it or watch a documentary instead.

5  Thank Garitor1
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Day 2 of the mystery Peru tour, our driver pick us up from Ica and took us to Nazca, along the way we stop at the Palpa & Nazca Lines towers, then at the Marie Richie Museum, downtown Nazca and finally the airport, waited there almost one hour, I suggest bring a lunch or snack, or you can buy food at the airport. after an hour finally we boarded the jet and fly over the Nazca Lines and it did not disappoint, took a lot of pictures, amazing lines and incredible to think they were made so long ago

Date of experience: July 2013