“A life time experience, very impressive, must see!!!”
Review of Nasca Lines

Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Nazca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Flying over Nazca lines is my long child dream. Hotel offered me 90USD/person with free transportation. Price was acceptable, but I decided to go directly to the airport, cause I don't want to wait at the hotel too long. Once reaching the tiny airport, there're couple of airlines counter there. Most airlines offered 80USD/person, but I have to wait for others, so chose to fly with Air Mojoro. My price was $90/person and I could fly right away, cause they have a small plane for my group - 4 people.

To fly & to see: You have to prepare yourself quite well, cause you may have motion sickness from the flight. Before flying co-pilot handed me a paper of route map saying that he will inform us, once reaching each line. To tell the truth, the lines are not as clear as you saw in postcards.. If he didn't tell us, we would never knew. But don't worry, you'll see the lines anyway.

The observation tower: It cose only 2 soles and there're only 2 lines you can obviously see.

It's amazing. Nazca lines are very gigantic. I was so wondering how they made it. Personally, I think it's more amaze than Machu Picchu.

2  Thank Chintana T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,478)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The history of the Nazca culture is very interested and I've always been fascinated as to what purpose they made the patterns in the desert. So I always knew when I visited Peru that I'd make a stop at Nazca to do the flight.

We arrived on an overnight bus from Arequipa at 7.30am and avoided the touts and took a taxi to the airport for 4 soles. Once there we went around the various companies asking for information and prices. I think they all do pretty much the exact same flight but they will offer different prices. We got our flight for $75US and even better was that we could go straight away. Some people were having to wait around until more people could be found for their plane - bear this in mind, try and establish when the plane will take off before paying. After the flight the company provided transport back to town where we boarded a bus that was waiting to leave to Ica. All in all we were in and out of Nazca within 2 and a half hours. I don't think there's any need to stay in the town, it's really not that nice.

2  Thank Iammmattdoran
Reviewed February 6, 2013

It would be wonderful if this were cheaper, but it's kind of the thing to do in Nazca. It cost $90 US. Flight was good - cool to see the lines. If you get ever get sick on buses/planes/whatever definitely take your dramamine well beforehand. Pilot and co-pilot spoke Spanish only, but it didn't matter since we couldn't really hear - they just point and you have little map that tells you what to look for and what order you'll see it in. If you're going to Nazca don't miss it - why else would you be going there? You can do this and an afternoon tour the same day pretty easily if you're debating how much time to spend in Nazca.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I read a book about the Nasca Lines prior to the trip and was anxious to see it for myself. The massive geoglyphs carvings beginning around 650A.D. are a feast for the eyes. The only way to see them is by airplane. The new airport not quite finished, is a small, bright and comfortable. Aerodiana, the tour company, has a pilot and co-pilot in a small plane. It takes about 20 minutes flying over dessert before seeing some of the lines. Both English and Japanese speaking people were aboard and the pilot described each figure in both languages. The drawings were clear and easy to identify. My only problem was that the plane wing occasionally blocked a figure.

1  Thank Judy F
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Viewing the lines from that small plane was an awesome and breathtaking activity. I highly recomend it!