“Fantastic stay!!”

Hotel Kunan Wasi
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Nazca
“Fantastic stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Fantastic stay for just one night at this hotel. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, including setting up tours and suggesting a delightful little restaurant for lunch. It's a lovely little place that suited us perfectly for our brief stay in Nazca.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Swendel52

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

So the location is just a block away from the main plaza, I could see if if I stepped out onto the little balcony. The manager was very helpful, and made sure I got to what I wanted to see and helped me buy a bus ticket for my onward journey too.

Little nitpicks. No table, let alone a chair in the room, I ended up pulling one in from the corridor. Sheet were a bit rough. It is noisy in the morning, and as I went during christmas... the christmas lights on my balcony was on and playing music, so each night (i stayed 2) I had to turn off the music. A fan would be good too, considering the price they were charging for a night.

Probably a little overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank wug01
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Yesenia, the interesting Peruvian lady running the place lived in LA for something like 8 years and it shows in several ways. Nasca, in one of the world's deserts, is a dusty place but it is obvious the staff really works at keeping this place clean. That is often not the case in other hotels I have visited in Peru, and this is my 12th trip there.Truth is there are at least 2 better hotels in Nasca, but they cost 2 to 3 TIMES more. As several other reviewers have already said, this is a great value. The bathrooms are beautiful, the owner is a fount of information and very willing to share it,and it is close to the main plaza and 3 short blocks to the street of restaurants...Ave. Col Bolognese.

We stayed two plus days and saw most, but not all of the major attractions. If you are interested at all in ancient history Nasca is a great place to visit and Kunan Wasi (Your Home in quechua, the language of the Inca;s) is a great place to make your headquarters. The only minor drawback was the paucity of hot water, but that seems endemic in Peru. Even in the best hotels in Lima.

Room Tip: Do not take on the top floor, if possible. They stay hotter longer.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GuyT
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Kunan Wasi is an extremely clean hotel,which has spartan but very spacious and clean rooms.The lady who runs the place is extremely friendly and nice and speaks good English.She very kindly let us stay in the room even though we had the night bus at 10 pm and even organized tours to the Chauchilla cemetery for us.An excellent value for the night,close to the central plaza and a great owner make this a very good place to stay for the night,as most people leave for another place after doing a flight over the Nasca lines.

Room Tip: The triple room was very spacious and clean and was only USD 50 for the night.As always in Peru choo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PJRay1
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Yesenia's B&B on December 25, 2011. The place is a block off of the main city square, so the location cannot be better. It was quiet and very clean, with a large room with wifi/TV and a nice continental breakfast. Yesenia is a real asset for Peruvian tourism: she lived in the United states for a number of years, so her English is great. She is warm and accomodating, and we saw her always working at the reception desk. She runs a small travel agency, so it is extremely convenient to book tours through her. She managed to book our tours to Cahuachi pyramid, Chauchilla cemetery, and Cantayoc aqueducts on the fly! Overall, we had a great experiance and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mirkovn
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We found this hotel perfect for our one night visit to Nasca to see the lines. We arrived at 6am by bus from Cusco and they were very gracious to give us our room. We had already booked our flight for the lines, but they would have helped us with that as well. The room is very clean, comfortable and I would recommend it to anyone. Very close to Plaza de Armes.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SusanitayRicardo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I had the most comfortable stay, the lady owner has a wealth of info and most helpful she caters for all my needs, i only wish i booked directly with her and organise my trip with her help, i would have save alot of money..................I'd check out this moring but had lots of time to spare after my overfly Nazca Line trip and Chauchilla cemetery, she kindly allow me to hang around the hotel, treat me to the most mouthwatering watermelon,,, The tour guide want S120 for a los Acueductos de Cantayos, with her help i spent S15 + S10 entrance fee for the same trip !!! What a difference......................
It's too hot out, so i am chilling out using her computer. What a wonderful way to be treated! Not a walking Dollar sign tourist but a person. Chuy Bournemouth.U.K

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo