El Porton Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Nazca
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Touristic Restaurant “El Portón”, have the capacity of 250 people, located strategically in the City of Nazca. It counts with warm and pleased spaces and terraces. Our specially comes from fishes and seafood to our great grilled with a unique flavor and quality. You can also find pastas, regional food, chicken, and a wide variety of drinks in our Bar.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had lunch here after our overflight of the Nasca Lines. The place is strikingly unusual, with two floors built higgledy-piggledy around a giant cactus. The service was excellent, probably because we were the only people there. The food was remarkably good. I had the goat stew, which was outstanding. It's not cheap by Peruvian standards, so backpackers beware, but by international standards it's a bargain.

The cost for five main courses + beverage was S/.147 (US$53).

1  Thank mmbcross

Reviewed June 26, 2013

comí en este bello restaurante por primera vez hace 3 años, cuando viajo a nazca, luego de probar en muchos otros lugares, me quedo en EL PORTÓN, la comida es muy buena en sabor y sirven muy bien, es imposible quedarte con hambre luego de comer, además hay un ambiente hogareño y acogedor, recomiendo la papa a la huancaina y también el lomo al porton.

ate at this beautiful restaurant for the first time three years ago, after trying in many other places, I stay at EL PORTON, the food is very good in taste and serve very well, it is impossible to stay hungry after eat, plus there is a homely and friendly, I recommend PAPA A LA HUANCAINA and also LOMO AL PORTON.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

the only thing that i don't like is that every evening a local band is playing their music - but other people like this

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It took absolute ages to get our order, even though we kept on asking. I had the baby goat stew and I think the baby goat had its revenge that night. My wife had the chicken soup that was quite nice but overall, expensive for Peru, slow and I got sick

1  Thank ironian
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After living in Peru for almost 9 months (and eating in dozens of restaurants all over the provinvces), I'm moved to write this review -- my first ever -- to steer you away from this place!

The gist is that they had little pride whatsoever in their dishes.

We got 2 lomo saltados and a pizza dish and a fish dish. The fish was good, but only because it was breaded and garnished in garlic butter. The vegetables served with the fish had no spice; simple lukewarm "steamed" (frozen?) veggies.

The lomo saltados were supremely unremarkable. For 28 soles. Any comedor in any mercado in any province will have comparable (nay, tastier!) lomo saltado as part of a 6-sole menu. The meat was tough, and the veggies where very whatever.

The pizza was the worst pizza I've eaten in Peru... possibly ever! The crust tasted like a roll-out frozen crust, and it was undercooked. The cheese was ample, melted, and really bland. And I'm pretty sure the pizza toppings came out of a can (mushrooms, pineapples, peaches -- weird I know, but still). I know Nazca means "suffering" because it's a dry valley, but there are fresh vegetables all over Peru. Where is the pride in your cooking, El Porton?

The restuarant is big and beautiful. Our tour guide dropped us off their because my girlfriend's parents were visiting and they still hadn't tried lomo saltado, and the guide said this place's would be good. What he meant was, you can go here and feel like you'll eat good food because you're going to pay a lot and be around other gringo tourists!

Sorry to be so negative but someone's got to do it!

3  Thank muchobueno