“GREAT!!!!”
Review of Nasca Trails B&B

Nasca Trails B&B
Ranked #6 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Nazca
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Juan, the owner of this hostel makes a world of a difference! He is an amazing and kind host who speaks impeccable English with a charming British accent!

He was extremely understanding in all of the complicated needs of me and my fellow guests! He actually knew me by name over the phone every time I called!

The actual hostel itself is cute and cozy and has all the basic amenities you would need to be comfortable.

I recommend this hostel 100%

A+++ in my book!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Samuel M

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed in Nazca to see the lines. Booked the hostel in advance via email and had a nice contact. Got picked up at the bus station, which we did not expect and was even more remarkable since the bus was almost two hours late. The owner is quite helpful and speaks good english and german but tries to sell you a flight immediately. (It is cheaper to just take a taxi to the airport and ask around for a good deal)
The accomodation itself is Ok and neither bad nor outstanding. The comunal area is nice but since it is a quiet hostel you seldom meet anybody.
The breakfast was good when it comes to peruvian hostel breakfasts, Unfortunately the breakfast area seems to be in the garage since the owners bus is parked right next to it.
Did the laundry which was somewhat pricey at 8 soles.
The location seemed quite safe to me but is at the end of a dirt road a couple of blocks from the main square.
All in all the hostel is an average place to stay in Nazca.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The town of Nasca is not much to look at – it would be just another dry and dusty roadside community if it weren’t for the famous lines just up the valley. That being said, Nasca Trails is the perfect place to stay. The rooms are small but adequate, and they serve a good breakfast in the outdoor dining area. There is also a large outdoor lounge area for relaxing and soaking up the sun, and swapping tales with other travellers. However, the hostel’s greatest asset is Juan, who readily sets up Nasca Lines flights and other tours. The flight he arranged for us was $90 US each including pick-up and return to the hostel. The airline actually picked us up early because the sky was clear and calm – and we were whisked through the process and onboard in minutes. He also arranged a private tour for us of the ancient cemetery south of town and we know he arranged many tours for others while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don_G_Wright
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Nasca Trails Hostel is a very nice and quiet place for your stay in Nasca. We spent one night there and booked the flight for the Nasca Lines directly at the reception for 90 USD. Like this we could enjoy the great breakfast with fruit salad, pancakes etc. In the garden and waited there until the weather was better for the flight – instead of waiting longer at the airport. The owner speaks a very good english and knows a lot about the region. The room was comfy and had an attached bathroom with a good hot shower.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had a reservation by e-mail, but the owners were surprised when we showed up. They had a wonderful quiet room available with a private hot shower. We checked out around 10am, but didn´t have a bus until almost 11pm. The staff was kind enough to allow us to stay for the evening while we waited for our bus.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank E P
Reviewed June 29, 2012

An oasis in Nazca! Comfortable and clean rooms with private bathroom and TV. There are hammocks and couches in the yard to relax in with mango trees for shade. Breakfast is standard, and the tour we booked through the hotel was fairly priced and very professional.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The owner was nice enough to pick me up from the bus station and paid the taxi to his hostal.
Maybe due to the time I visited, I felt it was empty until the next day I saw a person walking out. Lack of atmosphere.

I came from Huacachina and heard from there the Nasca lines flight was cheaper than Juan (the owner) offered, so I bargained with him. And he was extremely unhappy about this.

He asked me to pay the room in soles although I was told in dollars. And the exchange rate was extremely high (2.83).

It's kinda far from the main street. You have to walk several blocks to get here.

The faucets for hot and cold water were wrong in my room. I arrived fairly late and they had already gone to sleep when I found there was no hot water coming from the 'hot' faucet. I didn't want to bother them and got a cold shower. Until the next morning Huan told me they were switched. (Why the heck couldn't you tell me right away when I moved in?)

Room Tip: Try the COLD faucet for HOT water if you have to.