All reviews the owner friendly dogs yellow room beautiful hotel andes mountains small details pisco sours an amazing view wonderful stay peruvian andes highly recommend this place visiting huaraz overnight bus hot water mariana mara hammocks
Reviewed November 11, 2017

My wife and I visited peru for 2 weeks to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary and do a proper honeymoon, and staying at Cuesta Serena on our actual 1 year anniversary was the best possible way we could have ever imagined spending it!! Not only is the property incredibly beautiful, the food is all so fresh and nice, but the whole staff is fantastic, Meghan was super helpful in every way from getting us situated with lunches and transportation to and from Laguna 69 (which is the most incredible hike and views either of us have ever seen!)...and then to come back after that amazing experience to flowers arranged on our bed in a heart, candles in our room, and a special romantic dinner for two for our anniversary in the super charming and romantic little room with the pizza oven. It was seriously the most special and romantic dinner ever, and for it to be at such a wonderful place and for our 1 year anniversary, it was perfect. On the last day Mariana and Charlie and their adorable boy Jack came back to Cuesta Serena, and they were such a pleasure to meet and talk to. And i havent even mentioned Mara, the sweetest dog in the world! We have more pics of Mara than most of the rest of peru haha.

We had the most wonderful few days we could have possibly imagined staying at cuesta serena. I cannot speak highly enough about it, it still does this place no justice! Thats how much we enjoyed our time there. I have told anyone and everyone who will listen to me that they need to visit peru and they need to go to huaraz and stay at cuesta serena. We are planning on visiting again for our 5 year anniversary which seems like way too long already. Thanks again Mariana and everyone at Cuesta Serena, you are the best!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jso07
Reviewed November 11, 2017

I had an excellent experience staying here! Everyone was super friendly (especially the dogs Max and Mara!) and accommodating. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the food was absolutely amazing, and the views were superb! I highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank EricK1482
Reviewed October 21, 2017

This is what I wrote in the "guest book" at Cuesta Serena before I left... call it my love letter to Mariana and her staff:

I have traveled around the world, and I always seek out great destinations and unique accommodations. My only words for Cuesta Serena, Mariana and her staff are, "I love you all."

What a fantastic experience in a wonderful setting!

I plan to be back to conquer the peaks, and when I do I'll be staying right here.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Cuesta Serena is a gorgeous boutique hotel set below a view of the Andes mountains in the Cordiera Blanca. We arrived from an overnight bus to huaraz and were greeted with a delicious and fresh breakfast. They allowed us check into the room early and we spent the day resting among the lush flowers and beautiful scenery. The owner, Mariana, is incredibly welcoming and friendly to all of her guests. She is a wonderful hostess and a talented decorator. The rooms were beautifully done and the beds very comfortable. We took a yoga class by the pool, walked in the meditative labyrinth, ate wood fired pizza in a cozy cave area and spent a great deal of time relaxing in the hammock gazing at the mountains in the distance. I can't wait to stay at Cuesta Serena again!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna V
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful place - paradise of relaxation - the food and service was excellent, friendly, accommodating. Sitting on the veranda the views of the mountains are spectacular. I know where I am staying next time I'm back to Huaraz.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business