“Professional.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andean Summit

Andean Summit
Ranked #17 of 57 Tours in Huaraz
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in mountaineering in the Cordillera Blancas and Huayhuash, as well as profesional organized tours. We hire only certified mountain guides, and are happy to give free honest information. We also offer treking, day hikes, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountain biking, horseback riding, puenting, and canyoneering.
Montreal, Canada
“Professional.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We booked a 4 days Santa Cruz trek at this agency. We got to arrange the trek with the manager herself and she is friendly, speaks good english and is professional. In the low season, there is a very low demand for this 4 day trek, therefore the agencies in general have trouble organizing a group tour because it is not rare that people cancel their trips last minute. One must therefore be prepared for the unexpected... The manager did however make arrangements to stick to the plan and contact us the day before to let us know of the changes.

The guide (who is also the cook), was very friendly. The Santa Cruz experience was very positive.

Visited January 2014
Mila P, Propietario at Andean Summit, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Long,

Thanks for your nice comment…it’s true when you mention that in this season there are less tourists and of course sometimes it is hard to organize even more when someone cancel us at the last moment because for the weather as well, but finally I gave to you what I offered you…I’m glad to know that everything finished successful and all the group was happy with the expedition.

Kind regards,

Mila

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not only great tours and guides, but friends as well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was in Huaraz for about 3 weeks. I climbed a couple of mountains, 2 of which were done through Andean Summit.
I can highly recommend this to any tourist who want to do some mountaineering. The service is perfect, everyone is friendly, and most important, very professional! I became good friends with Mila, and with my guide. Both of which were extremely friendly. All the gear you need for your trip is included with the price, so you don't have to bring everything. They make sure everything fits, is packed and ready for your trip. If you're thinking of doing a mountain, then even though you have thermals, a sweater, and a jacket, I would HIGHLY recommend brining an extra THICK warming jacket. It gets that cold on the mountains and summits at night! For example, I had an extra jacket for the summit of Huascaran, and the jacket was designed for Everest summits. It was just enough to keep me warm.
Regarding the trip, all food was provided, and everything was on time and schedule. The guide knew exactly what he was doing, and again, was very professional.
I was traveling alone, so this was a good way and place to meet new people. You sort of have to when you're sleeping in the same tent. Two of the friends that I met are actually people I meet now on a regularly bases, as they moved and now live in my country (Denmark) by coincidence.

Overall, this place gets the best review possible from me. You need to be careful and not go to the cheap agencies on the main street (some, but few, are all right), because I did one through the cheap agencies and our guide, food, and overall organization was the worst I have EVER experienced. I mean, our guide got altitude sickness at 5500 meters, when we were climbing to 6300! You don't have to worry about any of that with Andean Summit.

You can always ask Mila anything, she is always there and helpful. :) Thanks Mila for an awesome experience!

Visited July 2013
Mila P, Propietario at Andean Summit, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi Marinus,
Thanks for your comment. I’m glad you had an unforgettable experience with us. In our agency we are always worried all our clients feel confident about the services we offer, so that they can feel like at home. And your recommendation is a very good one. Not to go to those dubious agencies is the best tourist can do when coming to Huaraz.

Kind greetings, Mila
Quito
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“More than an agency, your friends in Huaraz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Before planning my trip to Huaraz I did a lot of research and basically found out that 90% of the agencies offer you the same trip for the same price. I wrote to my 10 top agencies, and got an immediate response from Mila, the owner of Andean Summit (the rest of the agencies answered a week later). She was always very helpful with her answers and I always trusted things would go well.

When we got to Huaraz, she helped us find our way around and even gave us options in case we wanted to change our initial plans.

For the Santa Cruz trek we joined other people and were very lucky our group was great :) Our guide (Jaime) knew a lot and we always walked close to him to get as much information as we could about the place. Most guides don't speak fluent English, so it might be a bit of a problem if you don't speak Spanish.

After the trek, we climbed Nevado Pisco. Our guide (Steven) was awesome!!! He was always looking after us and was patient with me when I got tired or scared (there's an ugly snow wall about half way up and the morraine really sucks!). When we got back to Huaraz he invited us to his house and even gave me a Peru t-shirt as a souvenir!!!

Before heading back to Lima, Mila invited us to her office to have a Pisco sour and chill out. It was really cool of her because we had to wait about 6 hours before taking our bus to Lima.

I want to go back to Huaraz next year and I definitely recommend Andean Summit as your agency!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mfjaramillo
Mila P, Propietario at Andean Summit, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Mariafernanda.

Thanks for writing on our page. We’re always happy to know our clients enjoy our services, in your case, Santa Cruz Trek and Pisco Snow Peak. You went with one of our best guides. We always try to make our expeditions a success, so our clients are more than satisfied and they bring an unforgettable experience.

Sincerely, Mila.
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Amazing trip to Huaraz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had some extra days in our Peru trip and decided to go Huaraz. We were excited about doing some hikes or treks but we didn't have much time. We went to Mila at Andean Summit as the reviews were so good here at Trip Advisor. And we really were amazed.

We had no experience with hiking or climbing but Mila recommended us to do the Vallunaraju, a 5686m peak, 2 day hike/climb.

Mila is really professional and here prices are hard to beat. As we are backpacking we didn't have any equipment, but we got all equipment needed without extra charge! And all the equipment was of good quality.

Our guide Marco was really nice, professional, fun to hang around with and took good care of us.

Caesar, our porter was really helpful, always in a good mood and his cooking was delicious.

Our trek to Vallunaraju was incredible, from beginning to end. And the scenery on the way and at the summit was just stunning.

Vallunaraju is a really good glacier hike for beginners, or a good mountain to acclimatize for more experienced hikers.

And even when the trek had finished and we had returned to Huaraz, Mila invited us to her office for delicious Pisco sours, which she made herself.

We can truly recommend Andean Summits and we are really thankful their service, especially Mila.
It's a lot of nice words but they deserve it.

Best regards from Iceland,
Haffi and Bryndís :)

Visited June 2013
Mila P, Propietario at Andean Summit, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello Haffi and Bryndís.

Thanks for your comment and the nice words… I’m glad to know that everything was to your liking. We always try to do our best for every tourist to feel comfortable and have a nice experience with us in Huaraz, no matter if they’re beginners or experienced on this, our treatment will be always as professional as possible.

Best regards from Huaraz-Perú, Mila.
Lima, Peru
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good agency for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked the Santa Cruz trekk with them, but Andean Summit works closely with "Galaxia Expeditions", so our tour was actually with Galaxia. That being said, Mila was really nice and helped us a lot with organizing and information.

Visited May 2013
Mila P, Propietario at Andean Summit, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello, Tim… thanks for writing down this message… It seems you enjoyed it… As we agreed (because of the price), I got two more people to go on the trek with you, but they canceled it. I tried to find other people to join you for the trek, but there wasn’t anybody who wanted to leave the same day you did, so I had to look for another agency for join you with them... I don’t usually do that, but I did it connecting you with a good one…
kind regards... Mila...