“Great food and Great service”
Review of Trivio

Trivio
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Huaraz
Cuisines: Diner, International, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Trivio, Resto-bar Sierra Andina!The name ‘TRIVIO’ comes from the Latin word ‘Trivium’ which means ‘the confluence of three trails’. It was at these confluences or ‘Triviums’, that people would stop on the way to work and chat with their friends about life, love and news of the day. From these interactions at the Trivium came the word ‘Trivial’.TRIVIO Resto-bar Sierra Andina is also a junction of three trails – we have our own locally brewed craft beer – Sierra Andina, we also have our own line of organic coffee ShuQush from the Chachapoyas area and of course the great food from the renown Mi Chef kitchen where we prepare fresh delicious food using as many organic locally grown products as we can; many of which come from our own organic farm.Like the Triviums of history, we hope that our Trivio will be a place where you too can stop, take a load off, catch up with friends and enjoy some well prepared food and drinks.
Los Angeles, California
“Great food and Great service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After being disappointed in the places that the guidebooks suggested in Huaraz, I stumbled into this place intrigued by there chocolate cake and coffee deal of 8 soles. It was just what I was looking for...delicious and the coffee was hot and delicious too. On subsequent visits I got the crepes and they were awesome, on another visit I tried the veggie burger-- made from lentils and served with lettuce tomato and guacamole on the side--it was spot on good.
The location is great right in a nice little plaza, it also has comfortable seating, a nice bar and great music to fill out the ambiance. The guys working there are really nice and provide great service. It also has wifi so you can check your email and have a coffee cafe style! Very glad I found this place and highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great Service. Quality Food.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We keep going back. The coffee is great, the hamburgers are spot on, the chicken curry is really good, and the prices, though reflective of it's tourist cliental, are worth it because the quality is good. They're quick to offer free filtered water. The service is attentive. Our server the last few times, Mario, is exuberant. Nice atmosphere but the music has been a tiny bit loud, but overall can't complain. Go on a sunny afternoon and sit on a couch next to the open window and people-watch in the square below. A great way to pass the day.

• Visited September 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very nice food and beer”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We decided to go based on tripadvisor and we didn´t get disappointed. The food was very good and the draft beer served is produced locally and it is very good (it´s true that you can find in other places, but there it is the official bar!). I liked the lounge where you can eat, chat, drink in nice sofas...

• Visited July 2013
Orem, Utah, United States
“Mid Day Snack Attack”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

To be honest with you I had a mid day snack attack and hung out in the plaza below Trivio looking for something small and simple to get me through for a few hours. The desert section of the menu was intriguing so I went up the stairs to check it out.

As others have stated, the staff was a bit preoccupied despite there being only one other table of patrons. A waiter came to suggest I sit near the window overlooking the plaza. It was a good seat and I enjoyed the view.

I ordered the Crepe Nutella. It took just a little bit longer than I expected, and in the meanwhile a waitress came to suggest filtered water, which I took. The presentation of the plate was quite nice. The bananas were tart, unlike the ones you expect in the USA, but it was a great pick me up in the middle of the day.

The other patrons were having desert and coffee and also enjoying the view over the plaza. I had to find someone to pay when I was ready to leave, but they probably expected that like many expats I would enjoy the view for the afternoon, possibly refilling drinks or whatever until sunset. Maybe next time I will ...

• Visited July 2013
Boulder, CO
“Good food, generous portions.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good selection for vegetarians. Both dinners I ate there were enjoyable and satisfying. This place obviously caters to the N. Amer and European crowd, but still it's nice to hang out in.

Visited July 2013