We got there at 5.30 pm without a reservation but were told that a room would be ready for us a 8.30 pm... .... zzzz...zzzz it is 10.30 pm and the room is finally ready El famoso " en un ratito" Peruano did it again.
The room is very clean but right away we notice that the TV remote control did not work, we never got another one even after calling the front desk twice!
We did try the Extra services on the top floor while waiting for our room:
1. the jacuzzi : water flow to fill it up is too slow= 2o minutes wait, the shower handle on the side of the Jacuzzi is broken.
2. Massage: 3 minutes after the massage starts the masseuse picks up the phone and let you dry face down for 10 minutes
NOW PAY ATTENTION TO THIS:
In Peru there is an official book in all the hotel and business that is reviewed by the government it is called the "Libro de reclamacion" if you request it the biz owner must give it to you and you can file a complain, this is no Joke it will have consequences... Unforunately in the case of the Hotel El Tumi it seens that the staff is told to give you a fake one or more clearly the non official one. My wife is Peruvian and could tell the difference right away , we will file a complain with Indecopi which is the consumer affairs protection agency so this is investigated. Heavy fines are given to Businesses trying to hide or do not have a complain book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 blocks away from the Main square in Huaraz, Hotel El Tumi offers you the best stay with the personalized attention that characterizes us and all services necesaries to make your experience in Huaraz unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel El Tumi Huaraz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.