“Lovely place”

Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Huaraz
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

with great atmosphere, good food, good drinks, and a great library of books for mountain climbing. It is a quite spot in the middle of noisy Huaraz.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Pricey menu, compared to the rest of Peru, but will give you those familiar flavors from home, like a White chocolate mocha. Comfortable environment inside, great ambiance; a bit noisy outside on the balcony. Fantastic coffee.
Watch you bill carefully though. It might have been unintentional, but the lady tried to charge us an extra 2 soles per item on our menu, but quickly corrected it when we pointed out the price discrepancy.

2  Thank tinktinktink
Ysa M, Manager at Cafe Andino, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hello,

I dont usually respond to comments, but I find your comment unfair, when you say that, "the lady" that you are refering to, might be me , the owner, or my sister. We both dont need to keep 2 soles extra for any ítems. I believe it was a non intentional error. We are very sorry about that.
I hope during your visit to Huaraz all your experience was nice, there plentu of options for every person and for different budgets.
We welcome people from all over the world, I hope while there at my Café, they have a good experience...
Sorry for all the missspellings...
Isabel Meza Barron

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Andino is a great place.. We have been there a few times, tried different dishes.. Everything was very good!! The service is good and the atmospher as well.. We really reccomand this place! Enjoy.. :)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Enjoyed my food and experience. They are a little pricey as are all American /English options are. I don't drink coffee but they had a good selection.
Note to weary travelers:they have bacon!
I also splurged in a local beer at 930 am and got no looks.
All in all good spot but not for severe budget travelers.

My phone won't connect to many wifi networks but I had no issues.

Definitely give it a try.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was the first thing I thought when I first visited this cafe in November 2011. Its still very much the same. A beautiful interior, the food and coffee are good, and the balcony definitely worth sitting out on. My only complaint is that often times the wi-fi doesn't work, but I've also noticed that while I'm struggling to connect on my computer others are happily Skyping or typing away, so this could be a problem particular to me.