“A good nights sleep, great service, but very quiet hostel”
Review of La Casa de Bamboo

La Casa de Bamboo
Ranked #1 of 5 Huacachina B&B and Inns
County Dublin, Ireland
“A good nights sleep, great service, but very quiet hostel”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Huacachina is an absolutely great spot to visit, literally an oasis in the middle of a dessert. A great place to escape to from the noisy cities. I stayed for 3 nights in this hostel/vegetarian restaurant which is running its business at a low level at the moment. Luckily Huacachina is full of nice and social people, so I met other people on my day trips and from wandering around the village. I however missed some atmosphere and socializing in the hostel. The English owner, Beth, gave me an excellent service. If you can live with it being quiet this is a great spot. Also I am sure there will be a lot more atmosphere as soon as the owner has the place fully up running.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed for 1 night - I can't recommend this place enough. After being screwed over by El Huacachinero who refused to honor our online reservation, we had to look for a place to stay... and found this place. I'm really glad we did, It was REALLY CHEAP - what a bargain. It was a busy long weekend and all hotels were fully booked when we were there and this place did not even increase the price. All other places cost as least 2 times more their usual rate. Beth, the owner was very friendly and does this because she really enjoys the company. I didn't get a feeling that she is particularly concerned about it being a business (in a good way), for example, she really hates it that all the other hotels increased their price simply because it's a major holiday in Peru. This I think sets the tone as we feel what we paid is a steal compared

PRO:
1. Matress was one of the most comfortable in our whole trip in Peru and Ecuador (we stayed at 11 places in total). For the amount we paid, this is great value.
2. The owner was very friendly and helpful and gave good tips on snowboarding.
3. One of the best breakfast I've had - and the COFFEE - Awesome.
4. Genuinely felt welcomed, not just as a guest.

CONS:
1. There is only 1 bathroom (and one toilet outside) and if it's a full house, in total you may have 8 guests + 4 people who live there who needs to use the bathroom. May be a problem BUT we didn't encounter any problems at all.

In summary - I would recommend everyone to check this place out - I am confident you CANNOT beat it based on value. Or even if you don't stay here, have breakfast and coffee here - you WON'T regret it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PerantauDunia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huacachina
Hotel El Huacachinero
#4 of 28 in Ica
Hosteria Suiza
Hosteria Suiza
#4 of 5 in Huacachina

Been to La Casa de Bamboo? Share your experiences!