2,074 results
All reviews ceviche the bus the river cooking class machu picchu welcome drink beautiful hotel star hotel pisco sours the hotel staff breakfast and dinner course dinner included dinner i highly recommend this hotel sacred valley sanctuary lodge junior suite
Reviewed October 9, 2016

This is a solid 5-star hotel at the ascent point to Machu Picchu. The welcome service, including drinks and snacks was really appreciated after the long trip to get there. The room although a little small, was very well appointed and comfortable; we definitely enjoyed the river view. The Pisco Sours and accompanying dinner was VERY delicious! I wish we could have stayed here longer than 1 night. It is definitely a luxurious stay for your Machu Picchu visit. Thanks to the hotel and staff for a very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: High floor room is quieter. The buses to Machu Pichu start leaving early in the morning and pass in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank TB-SD
Reviewed October 6, 2016

Here's the thing.... when I travel, i do NOT stay in fancy places. I'm a "tent on the beach, I only need a shower and I can poop in the woods" kind of traveler. I do NOT intend on 'vacationing' in my hotel room. And, if I'm hiking the mountain, I did not (obviously) come to Peru for the hotels.
BUT... my fellow travelers were VERY MUCH THE "5-star and beyond" type. So... i was locked in.

1. The hotel IS great....friendly and accommodating staff, quick service, CLEAN, great breakfast, AMAZING dinner, etc. Truly "high class".
2. the views of Machu Picchu (at least the back-side) are awesome. You won't see the ruins from your hotel, but you'll feel like you're tucked away in the woods.
3. if you're on the "road side", you WILL hear the road. and train. and buses. and tourists. I didn't find it to be a "problem", but... if you're hoping for complete silence, it's not the side for you.
4. the price is STEEP. 425 US dollars per NIGHT (for 2 people, 2 beds). Literally the SAME cost as my round-trip airfare from Detroit to Lima. So......
5. it's close to everything, BUT, so is EVERY hotel and shop and store and eatery in all of Agua. The town is about 4 blocks long. No matter where you stay, you'll be "right there" for shopping, eating, the buses to Machu, the train station, etc.

Overall, i am NOT disappointed in my stay, but..... if i was traveling solo, this was WAY "fancier" than I would EVER need and WAY above any of my usual travel budget. If you love living like a Kardashian, this is the place for you! :) But, if you're an average Joe, making average money, looking for a place to rest your wearing mountain-climbing body, you can likely find equally lovely places for less money.

Room Tip: pick a room AWAY from the road. the views here are nice but you WILL hear road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2016

I have enjoyed an amazing 3 days at this 5 Star Hotel. The service from the moment you step in is friendly,& most helpful.They can´t do enough for you. There is absolutely no attitude anywhere in this hotel. My room came with buffet breakfast & dinner. Travelling alone I had time to observe & look. In the dinning room the staff all worked as a team & were always accomodating. Even when the dinning room was full the waiters were there for you. Standing out was LUZ who happened to be my waitress on a couple of occasion quite simply most efficient & perfectly bilingual. The menu was great with outstanding choices. Each serving looked like a photograph of an epicurian magazine & was most delicious. The setting of the hotel & the views & elegance of the rooms made my 3 days most outstanding & enjoyable.Yes, most definitely a 5 Star choice.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2016

I was blown away by our room, which was huge and had a large balcony overlooking the rapids, what a sound for sleeping.
But you have to keep the doors closed, you can hear the muffled roar of the water anyway.
Aguas Calientes is so beautiful in a raw day of the dinosaurs way, huge mountains in the mist, huge boulders in the water, huge mosquitoes everywhere. Wear deet repellant.
This is a dinner included hotel and the food is good.

Room Tip: you really want a water side room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelmom525
Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here last week as part of our Globus tour of South America. It is a great hotel, right near the center of town. Our rooms were quite spacious, with a knee no sized bed and a terrific shower, and wifi was included. The wifi was kind of slow in the rooms, but what can you expect in the mountains.

It is about a 5 minute walk from the train station, and you catch the bus to Machu Picchu there as well. In town, there are tons of restaurants and tourist shops, a good indication that there are lots of tourists. The hotel has its own restaurant, and it is very good quality. I tried the alpaca, which I loved, and their ceviche is very good also. We had the house red wine by the glass and found it to be good. Because we were with a tour group with limited meal selections, I do not know the prices.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple