“Best Danish!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best Danish!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had the best French danish of my life in a little boulangerie in a little town in Peru. We came in because it was raining and we wanted to 1. Get out of the rain, 2. Get a little something to eat, and 3. Use WiFi. We chatted with the owner who was not only talented, but very nice. We ate some delicious pastries and sat around and hung out for 4 hours. They didn't even kick us out. A very lovely, welcoming place with great pastries. I highly recommend trying the danish.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice place, amazing flavours!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were very happy and surprised to find a small piece of France right in the middle of Aguas Calientes!! Delicious pies and croissants, well served cappuccinos plus a very warm and personal service makes this a MUST GO place in the city!

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
“quick snack before train”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We planned to take our lunch to go (as we thought we needed to be at the train station 30 minutes early), but the Paris-originating owner convinced us we would be fine. We had a bruschetta sandwich, a ham and cheese sandwich, and a chocolate pastry. All were very good, and only cost 22.5 soles total.

The bruschetta sandwich and the a ham and cheese sandwich were delivered to our table pretty quickly after ordering, but the chocolate pastry didn't seem to be coming. Since we had a train to catch, we went up to the register, paid, and inquired about the pastry, which we then took to go.

The restaurant was inviting and cosy. I can see why some people seemed to be settled in for a while.

• Visited November 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“A genuine surprise”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

It was great to find a cafe in Aguas Calientes that produced good sandwiches and cakes at a reasonable price. It is also a good rest from toutsville. The only criticism I have is that, in the two times I was there, they played the same Adele songs over and over until I thought I was sitting in a fan club.

• Visited November 2013
Piacenza, Italy
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Located nearly half way between the train station and the bus stop for Machu Picchu, this place is perfect for a coffee break, to eat something quickly or to get something to bring with you up to Machu Picchu. They offer a good selection of sandwiches and sweets, that you can take away or eat there sitting neat the window and enjoying the view around. When I went there upon my arrival in Aguas Calientes for a sweet, a delicious lemon cake, found out that they had a perfect box lunch for Machu Picchu that I ordered for the next day. It was made of a fruit, a boiled egg, a chocolate and two sandwiches. I particularly liked the chicken one, made with a very good French bread. It opens early in the morning, you can pick up your box lunch before starting queuing for the first bus to Machu Picchu. The owner is a friendly French man who makes you feel at ease there. Recommended!

• Visited October 2013