“Jimmy saved my Machu Picchu trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wachuma B&B

Wachuma B&B
Ranked #18 of 39 Aguas Calientes B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Jimmy saved my Machu Picchu trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I arrived in Aguas Calientes in an agreement with a guide I'd met once, no tickets in hand, and no clear way to find my tour the next morning. Jimmy and Jenny were very patient with me, helping to call my agency, and finally Jimmy walked me down to the ticket office and convinced them to print me a new ticket when things went from bad to worse. Jimmy then showed me where I could get on the bus in the morning and verified that my bus tickets were good to go. Overall, above and beyond making a visitor feel comfortable in a strange city so many miles from home!

The rooms are cute, quaint, and CLEAN... moreso than any of the B&B hotels that I've recently used in Lima, Tarapoto, and Puerto Maldonado. Wireless internet works well in the lobby and in my room (on the second floor). There is some noise from the children playing in the courtyard in the back, but it all stopped after 9:30pm.

Great value, and excellent service... more like "hosts" than employees, really! Highly recommended for the budget traveler.

PS. Jimmy collects coins from all over the world. Have some in your pocket when you go so you can expand his collection!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kcwade2207

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed for two nights. The owners, Jimmy and Jenny, went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I haven't met 2 more hospitable since my arrival in Peru. The rooms are quaint and clean, showers have extremely hot water, and the views of the surrounding mountains are gorgeous. Jenny met us at 4:30 AM with our breakfast all set up in the atrium so we were in good shape to head up to Machu Picchu.

The only drawback was that our room was over the local school's courtyard and we just happened to be in town during their annual "pageant". This was at no fault to the hotel but it gave us some good laughs. The B&B is centrally located and easily accessible to any of Aguascalientes Calientes amenities. Thanks Jimmy and Jenny!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family