“Basic hotel, good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Presidente

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aguas Calientes
Hostal Presidente
Ranked #10 of 39 Aguas Calientes B&B and Inns
New York City, NY
“Basic hotel, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed one night here. Staff were nice. The room could use a new carpet and the shower water was only warmish. Bathroom was old but clean. They could invest in some new sheets – they were clean but pretty thin! We wanted something basic as it was for one night only and this fit the bill. The rail track is in front of the hotel and the river is at the back. We had requested a room away from the rail tracks based on Trip Advisor tips so noise level was fine. We had a top floor room in the middle of the building. The river was wild and raging and pretty loud when we were there so we were glad to be in the middle. They let us have a late check out as I was a bit sick which was great. Breakfast was basic. Great location for the bus up to MP and not far to the rail station. Restaurants very close by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on Sat.2013.Oct.26 and now I'm finally getting around to writing a review. It's been a busy year.

This hotel is literally a 5 minute walk from the train station if you know your directions and because the town is so small, after one trip you'll have it memorized.

We had room #210 which offered a great view of the mountains and river.

We had a pretty large foyer (for a hotel) in our room with sofa, there was a desk and chair, big dresser and double sized memory foam bed.

There is internet but only in the lobby and if your internet connecting device is not working, they have a desktop computer available for use which is pretty handy if your device doesn't have a big screen.

What surprised my wife and I was the female staff member at the desk refused to help us find a restaurant. I'm not sure if it was a language issue, but it appeared that she understood us. I asked her, "Can you help us find this restaurant on this map?" (I had the address written down on a piece of paper) and she simply replied, "No." and resumed doing whatever it was she was doing.

Breakfast is from 04:45 - 08:00 hours, it was pretty basic and satisfactory in a way.

The tv in the room had DirectTV and numerous English channel movies.

I'd use this hotel again, but I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Room Tip: #210 has a great view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank easyHwolf
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed 1 night, so we could go to Machu Pichu in the morning. We got a room with a balcony overlooking the river and the mountains. Splendid view. Breakfast very basic but OK. Room and bathroom were clean although somewhat old.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the river side, since there must be an awful lot of noice on the street...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lars A
Otopeni, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We only stayed a night travelling to Machu-Pichu. Good location, close to all stations and restaurants. Good breakfast and nice people. They kept our luggage during trip to Machu-Pichu for nothing. The room was clean and nice view over Urubamba river. Close to the climbing station to the ruins.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I don't really know what to expect for the hotels in Agua Caliente. The town seems to be filled with little hotels like and I doubt they will be much better than this one. The room is kinda old and the bathroom is not that clean. We had to change a room because the toilet could not stop running. Then we were given another room with a toilet that runs so slow that you have to press it for a minute or two before it finishes its work. I had to laugh about it. There is only wifi in the lobby, not in the rooms.

Staff were all very kind and trying to be helpful. Breakfast was nice and plentify.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Abilene
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. That's the best thing it has going for it. My room was small... there was a cutout in the bathroom door so that it could open past the sink. There was plenty of hot water when I showered. The room window had been left open and the carpet was wet. The room smelled kind of funny. I'm not sure if it was from wet carpet or from the restaurant below the room. They started breakfast very early in case you wanted to be on one of the first buses to Machu Picchu. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hostal Presidente is located next to the railroad tracks in Aguas Calientes. It is also very close to the bus stop to Machu Picchu. The room I stayed in was spacious and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The day I was supposed to leave Aguas Calientes there was a general strike in the Cuzco province, and I did not know if I leave. The hotel told me I could stay one extra night if needed. They provided me with information on what was going on. Finally, train service resumed by 5 p.m. and I was able to leave. However, I really appreciated how helpful the staff were.

Breakfast is served very early, which is great if you want to catch the first bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. There was a wide variety of food, including fresh fruit, breads, eggs, ham and cheese, juices, coffee and tea.

Hotels in Aguas Calientes are expensive. I find that at Hostal Presidente you get what you paid for: a large and comfortable room, and a wonderful breakfast.

Room Tip: If you have a light sleep, please request a room not facing the railroad tracks. There are engines g...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo