It was nice to stay in a resort hotel. We chose it because we were celebrating a special anniversary, and because the cost of the stay included a number of extras -- private tour guide and entrance to Machu Picchu, a massage for each guest, and all meals.
Other than the woman who met us at the train station and made arrangements for our room, the guides for the nature walks around the grounds, and the independent guide for Machu Picchu, we found the service experience rather negative.
They told us the restaurant was open until 4. The printed materials said the same. But when we went there just after 3:00, a waiter sat us and then told us the restaurant closed at 3:00. When we said we'd been told 4, he said it actually closed at 2:30. But he deigned to serve us anyway.
We're not the type of tourists who go abroad and expect everyone to speak English. So we learned traveller's Spanish. But over and over we found the staff would indicate understanding of questions and requests, but when it came down to it, they hadn't understood at all. It was as if they'd been taught to quickly respond "Yes, yes!" (answering in English even to Spanish) whether they understood or not.
This led to some real problems. For example, we missed each other on the second morning out to Machu Picchu, and lost an extra 45 minutes, because two guys at the gate told my partner they'd seen me leave. They also kept trying to charge us at every meal, even though meals were included in our package.
The guide at Machu Picchu, whose name was Dimas, was excellent. The massages were good, too. And the food was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu