One of the loveliest hotels I have stayed in. If you like your luxury set in a lush natural hillside setting then this is the place. My room was beautifully furnished with private balcony, a lovely place to chill out and watch some of the spectacular birds that inhabit the extensive grounds. Set into the hillside with lovely views down the river towards the busy little town of Aguas Calientes this is an oasis of loveliness. The young resident naturalist gives very entertaining birding and orchid tours in the grounds of the hotel (the ones I went on, there are more), with a great sense of humour, enthusiasm and knowledge. For birdwatchers the blue-crowned motmot is one of the most beautiful that you may be lucky enough to see. The legendary Andean cock-of-the-rock resides here but sadly didn't see one although one was spotted the day before. The hummingbird feeding stations are not to be missed either if you are not used to seeing these delightful little beauties in action. After a strenuous hike around Machu Picchu it was heaven to reach this wonderful hotel. The restaurant is fabulous, with a good choice of wines. There is also a cosy bar, the bar tender makes a fine Pisco Sour! Nice gift shop too for those that like a little retail therapy. There is a lovely spa too but it was a toss-up between the spa or bird watching and afraid the birds won. I was not bothered by the whistles of the trains, it's not that often and they don't carry on late. If you're a train enthusiast you may even enjoy sitting on one of the lovely terraces overlooking the river watching them go by. As evident from photos on the hotel web site there are plenty of steps to and from the rooms which are set in small individual blocks around the lush grounds, which is what makes the natural setting so lovely. Staff were excellent, couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel, how I would love to be back there now! 100% from me!
Francesca Wilkes, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu