We stayed at Hotel El Pueblo after our visit to Machu Picchu. It is walking distance from the train station. Even though the hotel is located next to the train station, it felt secluded. The hotel is surrounded by lots of trees. We had an upgrade in one of our rooms to a Junior Suite. It had a fantastic view of the Urubamba river. The room had a comfortable sofa with big windows that allowed us to enjoy the trees and the sound of the river. I'd wished we could have stayed longer. The surroundings are beautiful, and they offered complimentary tours inside the hotel to see orchids, birds and bears. We were able to see lots of hummingbirds in the property. They also grow and make their own tea. We took the Orchid tour and even though we did not see lots of them because it was not the season, we learned a lot about plants and we also saw an edible garden with local herbs. Our guide was a chef as well, so he explained the usage of these plants in Peruvian cuisine. Dinner was delicious so was breakfast. The Quinoa pancakes were awesome. We were amazed with all the details in the decoration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu