This hotel is an ecohotel, so be prepared for a rustic experience. No TV's in the room (not necessarily a bad thing), no tissue boxes (cutting down on paper use), stone floors w/o much carpet, and the slippers provided are made of recycled rubber tires, and not too comfortable.
The setting is interesting, very tropical and junglelike, and location is good - very close to the train station and also the town if you want to walk around at night.
Beds are not as comfortable as you might want.
Breakfast buffet is nice, and you can order things like eggs, etc., from the restaurant.
If dinner is included in your package try to eat in the main dining room.
We were told that we could not eat in the main dining room as it was crowded, and that the secondary dining room by the train tracks was just as good w/ similar food.
That is not the case at all. Menu is much more limited, and restaurant was freezing. By the end of the meal we were very cold, and then went back to rooms which weren't very warm unless you build a fire. By the morning I had a cold.
The rooms have a very strong smell of smoke from the fireplaces. We asked the hotel staff to come and do something about the smell which they did. Someone came w/ a lemon smelling spray, which definitely helped for the evening, although by the time we woke up the smell was back. But, people who love to sleep w/ a roaring fire will love this.
If you enjoy a rustic experience you will like this hotel, if not, it may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu