We stayed 2 nights at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu. The location is very close to the train and bus stop for Machu Picchu. The hotel is located in a cloud forest so the garden is very lush. There are also many humming birds to entertain you. Our package came with a guide who we met at Machu Picchu for our tour. The tour lasted about 3 hours, 1/2 longer than scheduled, but you don't really notice the time as you are touring around the city.
If you are planning on climbing Wayna Picchu, the hill behind Machu Picchu, arrive early, before 8am, to sign up for the first group or get your ticket stamped for the second group. They only allow 400 people up in 2 groups of 200 each, one at 8am and the other at 10am. Since there was fog, we elected to go in the second the group at 10am, so we got our ticket stamped, you don't have to wait in line to get your ticket stamped. Just find the guy with the clipboard near the gate to Wayna Picchu and get your ticket stamped, then you can walk around the city until 10am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu