Tripadvisor
Aguas Calientes
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2015

One of the reception team guys met us from the train and walked us the few minutes from the station, through the craft market to the hotel. This was really helpful as it was raining really heavily. The guys are super helpful with useful advice and are friendly.
Room is really basic but clean. There is only hot water in the shower not from the sink. As it was rainy we found the room a bit clammy but the bed was warm and comfortable. Wifi was great, photos all uploaded quickly. Room lock boxes would be useful we had minimal valuables with us though.
Breakfast is available from 5 - 8am everyone is up early! Rolls, fruit and you can order eggs if you wanted.
Unless you want to spend loads of money in Other overpriced hotels this B&B isn't too bad and serves it's purpose for overnight sleeping before or after visiting MP.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2015

The hotel was a pleasant surprise included in our Salkantay trek. I was not expecting to have a private room with my own bathroom, which I really appreciated after my 4 day trek. The family run hotel was very comfortable and clean. Just a short walk to the station and many cheap restaurants around. I thoroughly recommend it while stayin in Agua calientas. Thankyou.

Room tip: Room 2 ground floor level was great.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MazGould
Reviewed August 2, 2015

We didn't really choose this hotel, but it was really acceptable for one (short) night.
Breakfast was "minimum", but enough. Our bedroom had no window (only a window looking inside the corridor). Close to the railway station of Aguas Calientes, and not too far from the buses station to MP

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2015

Hotels in Aguas Calientes are expensive, not just because it is all about tourism, everything has to be shipped in by train and taken by hand cart to the hotels.
I paid US$180 for 3 nights - I was happy to do so.

Very central and close to the railway station and busses to Machu Picchu.

Room 203 had a double and a single bed, a very clean bathroom with a H&C shower (no bath), soap and shampoo were provided. Wash basin was cold water only. The room had 2 chairs and a work table, it overlooks the "street" - more an quiet alley.
Breakfast was simple - Juice, coffee, eggs (sometimes sausage) jam and rolls It varied slightly each day which was surprising since most guests seemed to only stay one night in Aguas Calientes. Helpful staff. TV, decent Wi-Fi, and good clean bedding.

Room tip: 203 is good - a triple with outside window overlooking quiet street.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Signum32
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

The hotel couldn't be better located. A 2 minute walk from Machu Picchu station & a minute away from the handicrafts market. Aguas Calientes is small so everything is basically close. The room looked clean , toilet spic & span but I got broken sleep due to the bed bugs constantly biting. One of the male staff was extremely helpful & polite. If it wasn't for the bed bugs , I would have been quite happy with the hotel. Someone said it should be considered a hostel more than a hotel and I may have to agree as the rooms are very small. I didn't get disturbed due to any sound though, as some people have complained. Wifi connectivity was good & the breakfast quite simple with limited options but tasty.

M